THE INTRUDER

Merry

Okay, so the following is a story a wrote like YEARS ago. Im posting it here unedited. I still love this short story of mine to this day! I wanted to share it with you all! :D

THE INTRUDER

A story by Merry

Anne Cartwright was leaning over at her desk working prudently on her homework. She was obliviously unaware of the mysterious hand that crept closer and closer to her hunched over shoulders. Each inch the hand crept bringing for Anne an outcome she could've never braced herself for. The hand just inches away from her, she finally sensed the unknown presence as the hairs on her neck stood on ends. She felt a tingling sensation run through her spine as she felt the warm breath of the intruder. Just then her mind raced with thoughts as she imagined in that brief second all the things this thing might have in mind to do to her. But nothing she imagined would compare to the facts. She turned around and met her assailants gaze. Screaming bloody murder Anne faced what could possibly be described as the most hideous creature on the face of the earth. Anne's heartbeat began to speed up and she began to feel light headed, her facial expression matching how she felt. The Creature reached for its hideous face, and that's when Anne realized it was a mask that he wore. The unknown surprisingly frightened her more than what she had just seen with her own two eyes. Her heart began to speed faster than before as the creature began to unmask itself. All in one moment she saw the image of the mask wearer and heard his voice gleefully and mockingly call out "HAHA, I SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!!!" And with that one sentence and the identity of the intruder known, Anne's once white as a sheet pale face turned a beat red and you could've sworn smoke came out of her ears as she screamed out at the top of her lungs "I'M TELLING!!!! MOOOOOM!!!! And with that her little brother raced off to his room cackling with delight at the success of what in Anne's opinion was a cruel prank.