Fullmetal wars start pg 3 Fin! Gonna write something else...

Xewleer

RUNESCAPE, ABOVE AND BEYOND

Hylean was a family man, having an excellent degree in computer engineering, he was able to get a dream job. Managing the servers in the Midwest locations. His wife, who played Runescape with her husband shall be referred to as Lenguin, just had their first child, slightly large, but very healthy. They were both very proud.

Zant was a mere player, but he led a pking clan that commonly stretched across twenty servers. He is a wrathful person, quick to anger,and very slow to cool down. Always on the move, even in sleep, he prefers fighting to peaceful negotiations. He has just his mother as family, an abusive dad being non-existent, there is no real answer to the question of his anger.

Dueler was a relatively well known... dueler, and he was very much in the high scores for the combat skills, all of them. He takes life one step at a time, never really going out side his bounds to do anything to unpleasant. He has no relations outside of father and mother, and he does not talk with either of them.

Hylean, as the player, was a loner, and a traveling salesman, he was a very balanced player. He tired to figure things out to quickly, often figuring out what the person is saying before others are done, making him thought a pest. But he is a good-natured person. He has a father, mother, sister and a brother. He also has a wife and child, who is very intelligent indeed!

In the year, 2011, Virtual reality, and all the things attached to it, had only to spill into the MMORPG world, and Runescape had won the race. WOW, which had actually began to get caught up by Runescape, could not fit the game in the apparatus. The great unveiling was to take place in every major city that had at least 500 runescape players.

Three were chosen from Saint Louis, Hylean, Dueler and Zant. Hylean took his family to the great unveiling, showing his now three year old son the various mechanisms. Zant talked to the guy, wondering about this and that. Dueler just leaned against something, unperturbed by all the bustle around him.

It finally came time to unveil, reporters and newscasters remarked on everything. Then it came time to test them publicly. Hylean kissed Lenguin and his son for luck, and went up there, very confident. Dueler just walked up, calmly and surely he knew the machines weren't going everywhere. Zant arrived first and darted about, picking his seat first.

Strapped in, they used their armrests to turn on the machines, and then, they logged into the Runescape world!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay! in this chapter I am going to do some stuff that will not come out, if ever, on RS, so no sayings on "Hey! they don't have that!" That will not be acceptable! this is a disclaimer!!! You have been warned!

Hylean stood, he was surrounded by desert, then he realized, he was in Al-kharid. He went to the bank and arrayed himself in full battle gear. He donned a medly of armors: a Templar helm, a rune plate, a Templar pair of plate legs, Ring of strength (quest item, +5 str,) gloves of damage (another quest, ring of recoil-like effect) rune chain boots, a spottier cape and a dragon buster sword. He remarked to himself, as he was hefting his formidable weapon, on how the powers that be decided that Square-Enix and Runescape should eve make an alliance... But it was not for him to decide.

Dueler mentally contacted him. And he set off for the duel arena. Dueler was waiting for him. Wearing a non-meddly of dragon armors and such with the dragon Masumune blade, which was gotten from the evil side (if chosen) of the quest where you could get a buster sword. He was sitting on one of the bunks when Hylean arrived he stood. "I do believe we are the first to fight a duel, the rest just had pk wars..."

"Indeed, just a fun battle no stake."

"Agreed!" They both challenged, went through the screens, and found themselves at opposite ends of the arena. They stayed a moment, to prepare themselves, then, leapt toward each other. Dueler attempted to use the special of the dragon Masemune, a quick flurry of blows, but Hylean jumped back, going on the offensive. Dueler met his charge, and soon the audience watching them on the view screens were awed at the fighting styles of them both. A voice at the front yelled "Go daddy!"

Hylean was kept on his toes because of Masumune's reach, continually jumping back or up. Finally, Hylean hit on a plan. He jumped up, allowing Dueler to try to take him on an upward slash. Hylean blocked downward with the sword, sliding along the edge of Dueler's blade. He was about to slash across the shoulder area of Dueler, but Dueler caught Hylean's blade in his dragon gloved hands! Hylean quickly turned on the special, which created six identical blades, one slash, just once. Dueler attempted to jump out of range, and succeeded. Both had begun to feel tiredness.

They continued the fight, Dueler, with his very long blade keeping Hylean on his toes, Hylean trying to get close the Dueler so he could give an ending blow. Tis went on and on.

Eventually, it came time to end the demonstration, both Hylean and Dueler were cut, down to their last few hit points and tired! The announcer asked them all to log out, which they tried to do, but it wouldn't work.

To be honest...great if it happened but...

A story like this just doesn't capture my imagination.

Runescape=Fiction, you try adding realism to fiction you soon get something that isn't here nor there. It just...sits there.

Ok not trying to be hurtful but...I think that VR Runescape is just something that wouldn't work for the story purpose. I mean look at runescape, it is a game that has a level system. You add VR to that and you get a twisted reality that doesn't make sense, the muscle bound men who walk around in bronze and even though they have huge muscles they can do no damage. Then the kids that have never left their chair, the fat ones, the ones that are now able to run from oneside of the map to the other without running out of breath.

Also look at the realism that could be achived with an RS world. 'Oh wait a minute Mum is calling me for diner' Thats the sort of thing that destroys Realism. Even if you got past that with all the gadgets and gizmos, there is no way that you can convince someone that a world were the majority of people walk aimlessly around the same area, don't have houses, and there is no school or for the most part children.

I am not saying that a VR world is a bad idea for the basis of a story. I am saying that RSVR is not a good idea, RS is just not VR compatible. Its designed to be something people work on when they have some spare time, not something that people live in. If it were then it would have a more...free feel about it. It probably wouldn't have as much combat or quests, and would probably have alot more houses and places like the Dwarf City where people can get Jobs, and have a constant stream of money.

RS just isn't set up like that. I mean you go into a shop you don't go up to the shopkeeper 'Hello what have you got?' You usually browse a bit. You wouldn't keep ash in your bank just incase a dragon appeared and you need ash for a potion. You wouldn't stand in a bank and try to sell ash incase of a dragon. RS is set up for the purpose of wasting time, like merchanting and 80k of Iron ore to mine a slightly different rock. If there was something like a constant job then people who want to just log on and do something random can't. Just like people can't get a job now.

Look at it like this. If tommrow you suddenly found out that you could run 40 miles and not feel tired, but you couldn't bake a cake or even shrimp to a good standard, then you would go 'Hey wait a minute, whats going on?' Then if you suddenly got aload of spam from people you didn't know on your phone...which you couldn't turn off and was so annoying that eventually you pulled the battery out, and then found out that your friends want to talk to you, you would think that the person who invented the system was stupid. RS just isn't the right basis, if you change it so that people can do everything, then its not RS, and the reader goes...'well its not RS but it says it is...I don't think this person has played very long, what are they doing writing a story like this?'

And of course...

'That doesn't happen in Runescape' Its the one thing more annoying than anything and happens occationally.

In review...

Its an ok sort of story idea, just needs to be though of like a real life situation.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

No offense, but I don't like the idea of trying to tinker with my reality, I can do what I want within reason. Please let me have this privilege. Thank you.

-------------------------

Prologue ends here... this will be a really jumping around story, with no transition. But I will mark it by putting two spaces between paragraphs, like this

Or I will put a ------- between them If I need space.

-------------

They tired again... and again... continually attempting to log out. Eventually, Hylean began to throw up. Dueler soon began retching also. The man at the mike was in a state of near-panic, this was not what he signed up for. Before the puking began, he tried to log them off by turning the machines off. Now a slight discontented murmur was heard in places, slowly increasing to a dull roar. Lenguin, putting her son on the seat next to her, jumped up on the stage and ran to the still body of her husband, and began to frantically yell at him, for him. The data on the screen heard nothing of her cries, and saw nothing of her cries. A reporter took a picture of her face as she was calling for him. It became a very famous picture, winning awards, because of that haunting face, that sad body posture and the pure longing of the mouth, ceaselessly involved in a cry, never ending on the picture, depressing those who saw it.

Dueler had come alone, but the parents of Zant were not as emotional attached to their son, but still worried, ran up and tried to wake him up. They gave up after a while, but still, Lenguin tried to wake her husband's body up. She gave up after a few minutes, but it all seemed an hour, she finally ceased making noise, and just kneeled, there, unmoving, until some workers picked her up, setting her on a chair. Her child's worried whimper finally broke her of her despair. Still sad and depressed, she picked him up and went home.

Hylean knew nothing of this. he just felt something, something was not right, something that disturbed him. He called out, but got no answer. Then, he regained consciousness, both he and Dueler were on the floor of the Dueling Arena, Dueler had propped himself against a wall, breathing slowly.

"Looks like were stuck here, Hylean."

"..."

"I don't mind, its not like was giving me much anyway, no family, no lover, terrible job, nagging friends, and a lot of bad memories. Guess I can finally start over, huh?"

"*sob* That's fine and dandy for you! I got a beautiful wife in the prime of our love, a child who will grow up without the wisdom of his father, my dreams, only reachable in real life... and ... or... *sob* I'm sorry, ... I ... I'm going to leave now..."

Hylean left the Arena, heart broken. He was stuck here, unable to leave, He was stuck in Runescape, but nothing, he knew, was a bove or beyond him.

Lenguin sat at work, watching the status lights of the servers, her child silently reading a picture book. She took her eyes off the servers to look at her husband's progeny. He was scarily smart, she knew that both her husband's and her side of the family were very smart, scientists, well-respected engineers, and many other things. The child had even begged a Runescape character, with a large vocabulary at age three, she loved him, yet was very scared of him. He called the character Growing Night. He looked up at her, silently gaging her thoughts, almost as if he could read them, then turned away. He put away the picture book and went into something much more meatier in grammar, yet still young.

She turned her thoughts to another subject. A more pleasant one, when Hylean and her first met...

Andrew Gower, now the inheritor of 5000 problems, doggedly looked into the coding for the helmets, looking into every dark corner that is a complex Java script. He finally found what he believed to be the cause, and what mechanism it was connected to. He relaxed for a second, then slept, five days without sleep can really exhaust a guy.

He woke up, at an unknown time, his lawyer called, frantic, nearly 4000 families had decided to sue, only one actual family refused, that of Hylean. The wife of the unfortunate did not see it necessary to do so, after all, Hylean went up there willingly, and Jagex had nothing to gain from doing this. Andrew Gower decided to send something to her, but he knew that he should work to correct his more immediate problems.

The script would take a very long time to write with no guarantee of working. Life was so hard, he just wished he could be left in peace to finish the mistakes, solving the problems.

In world of Warcraft (Sargeras Expansion), three clan leaders talked over the issues while fighting all and sundry monsters. One actually began to talk out loud, only they could hear.

"It's quite a pickle they have over there, in Runescape."

"Runescape? peh! Warcraft is the Pawnzors! I do pity the fools though." said the second.

The third thought moment.

"I actually have found a way to hack into runescape."

The first and second turned to him, initiating private chat. "How can this be?" said the first, "Jages or whoever keep a very tight security on the game severs, they have very good system admins running the servers. I know."

The third directed his response to him. "I meant through Warcraft! I have found places that are weak in coding, despite all that the Blizzard people do."

"**** man! tell us!" said the second.

"I won't because then we will strike when we are unready. I say that we go to conquer it!"

The other two agreed. "I think it is settled then. But patience. We mus wait, no matter how long it takes to prepare, the sign of a good clan leader is patience."

Hylean's story right now.

"Insanity is a strange thing, it can affect the eyes, the ears and the mouth, besides the whole body. driving a person to what was called in 1800th century England 'gibbering mad,' or to a strange calmness. This calmness is perhaps the most dangerous, it affects everything that the unfortunate does, slowly, they become like another person, slowly, surely, and they become a different person, normally evil. We have seen a great rise in this type of insanity, the gibbering mad is almost no longer heard of, except in murderers. The rise comes from unknown places and people, but it seems to favor the so-called gamers..." ~lecture, Dr. B. C. Randmo, for the psychology and gaming series.

Hylean, now in the world of Runecape, slwoly felt himself falling into madness. A voice had appeared, not that it never had been there, he did know that he had a strange form of schizophrenia, a good voice, an evil voice, or was it something else? His brother had a form of autism, while he received a lion's share of intelligence, why couldn't he have problems.

He knew that he was incredibly distraught and saddened, hurt and sick, but it was a very strange thing to feel yourself falling into madness. He wondered why no one contacted him, he was in top armor and weaponry, why doesn't anyone talk to him? He grabbed a character, but could not affect it in anyway. Was he invisible? Was he a ghost? Was he a form of leftover data, just wandering around, looking for sweet release? He could not figure it out.

What was he now? Data assuredly, but what kind? And why couldn't he interact with other players? Why couldn't he leave, and where was his wife, why didn't she log on, so they could talk?

He slowly walked, he chartered a ship, taking him to the eastern lands. Runescape was s wrap around world now, yet no one had been able to walk around it all with out dying. HE found himself beginning the journey reluctantly. But a something, some strange something, demanded it of him. He found himself weirdly compelled, weirdly forced to do something he did not care to do. But it was better than just walking around the major cities, like a ghost in a shell of a body.

"You're worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless. worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless, worthless worthless." The voice again! He crouched, yelling his frustration to the uncaring sky.

Time has past, nearly six months.

Lenguin still has her job, but is now joined by a guy nicknamed L, and he looked the part. Gangly and owlish, he sat hunched up, his feet on the floor but his body was hunched over, nearly touching his knees. His black hair was unkempt, and he seemed to have no iris around his black pupil. He seemed to take a great enjoyment in testing the intelligence of Growing Night. Lenguin was again scared, now there were two people reacting with her who could put the minds of Oxford to shame if they but tried half-heartedly.

Andrew Gower discovered a way to reverse what had happened, that terrible tragedy so long ago. The courts no longer after him, he had won his case, all the way up to the supreme court. No one could have figured, they all signed disclaimers, it wasn't his fault, but not letting them out would be.

Hylean emerged from the other side of the world. An ancient program, a reward system by Jagex, it gave a great reward, two skills up to 99 instantly, this was a first, why had no one succeeded so that the reward was so great? He chose agility and strength, power and speed, he felt good. Fired by this new potential, he took the ship and arrived at Tyras Camp docks. By home teleport, he arrived in Lumbridge, heading north, he entered the Wilderness.

Dueler began to consolidate his power in the Duel arena and general Al-kharid and the desert. He became the first king.

Zant had gathered all his followers into his server. Three of them were stuck like he was. Doomed to wander Runescape. But they made the most of it. Only Dueler had enough power over players to dislodge the beginnings of Warlord Era of the Wilderness.

Those conspirators in World of Warcraft began their plans, crafting the best weapons and hoarding them, waiting for the perfect day to unleash their storm.

More plot tomorrow!

NO offense, but I'm just gonna ignore the comment, Archimage a, its my reality currently.

Don't ignore Archimage's advise, he's a damn good respected writer around these forums and he just gave you 5 long paragraphs on how to improve your story, and you're just going to ignore it? Stubborness won't get you very far in the library. Personally I also found your story boring, it wasn't interesting at all. Take his advise.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

NO offense, but I'm just gonna ignore the comment, Archimage a, its my reality currently.

Don't ignore Archimage's advise, he's a damn good respected writer around these forums and he just gave you 5 long paragraphs on how to improve your story, and you're just going to ignore it? Stubborness won't get you very far in the library. Personally I also found your story boring, it wasn't interesting at all. Take his advise.

I'm sorry? maybe, I was more making a point on how he said my reality was taking place. I have respect for Archimage as a thinker, and I mean no disrespect, but it is my reality, I can do what I want in it within reason. I did read his advice, and you don't see it, because I hid it.

I did not mean to offend you either!

Edit: I guess I have to explain the gimic of the story. Their bodies are gone, rotted, disintigrated! They went in, expecting to come out, it was just a demonstration, and realized they can't log out. THey are stuck there when they went in! This is my premise! what the whole story rests on! That there is a million or so children fighting and making empires and so much more! Do you understand?

bump and reserve!!! oh Yez!

Just to remind all the peoples, I am currently rehabbing my story and I find this one more satisfactory.

I quite like the new edition of the story and i want to find out more but in your original post i stopped reading after the first paragraph out of boredom so i think you have done well to make the story better. My only complaint about the story is when you are talking about the three characters you seem to be rushing it a bit, but other than that i think quite a intresting story that i wish to read a bit more.

Still think my point is valided, but you seem to have moved futher away from the VR side of things, and much more towards a sort of demi-interface based game that might contain a more flexible system for moving about.

In all a much better attempt and a bit more believable, but there is one or two flaws....We don't know anything about the weapons, for one. Yeah we get a good run down of the swords but the rest of the stuff seems to be sort of a step into the unknown...Sort of like saying that one day there will be a huge blast furnace to a player from the first year... One that probably thinks that Steel is almost magical, and that halving the coal use really isn't that good because it requires more effort to get there than to mine the one extra...if you know what I mean.

Of course I expect its all part of a rich tapestry which will unfold as the story progresses but at the moment I am sort of in over my head.

By the way, there is a 50,000 character limit to each post. I don't think you'll need all of those posts unless you plan on a 400K+ character story, and that's pretty hard to acomplish. It would be awesome though if you did. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I don't wuite understand the point that archimage is getting to...

And who knows... Mario Sunny, I meet need that much... anyway.

Updated!!! below archimages first post, I hope it is depressing.

Coming soon, Andrew Gower's bold plan, the creation of the runescape empires, and what are the people in the World of Warcraft clans planning? all next time on Runescape, above and beyond!

It was just that the items arn't really explained. I mean look at

rune chain boots and dragon buster sword

We CAN guess that they are probably quite similar to the weapons already in use but the quest that is mentioned is almost an after thought, it doesn't have any foundations really.

Basically I thought that more support was needed, but as you said that is a point of your reality, not the real world.

Great posts but I don't get this part. Care to explain?

Hylean emerged from the other side of the world. An ancient program, a reward system by Jagex,gave a great reward, two skills up to 99 instantly.

I got 99 problems but a noob ain't one.

Hylean walked out into the wilderness, completely uncaring who looked at him with envious eyes, very few had chosen the dragon buster sword, among other things. He headed toward Fat Tony's, a pizza parlor in the general area of level 20-30 eastern wilderness.

A mob of pkers were there, celebrating the first year of their clan, attaining 100 members. Pizza and beer flowed.

Hylean heard their partying. walking towards the building. The door opened, the leader, slightly dipsy, because he was drinking in real life also, called out to the lone character. "H3y m4n! f1gh7 u f0r s0m3 fr33 st00f!1!"

"I don't care for your stuff!" he replied, licking the full length of his blade. "I care for your blood!"

They all were silent a moment, then laughed, he couldn't kill them all! They charged him, running out into the open. Hylean laughed, a wild Joker (as in Batman) laugh, then charged them, dodging and slashing wildly, but hitting them hard and often.

Zant and his three allies, Zsinj, Xetax, and Rushia, watched the carnage.

"Do you think we should join in, Zant-kun?" Said Roshia. "Can we?"

Xetax snorted, "I say we just leave, I mean look, that crazy SOB is pking them all!"

Zsinj was more level headed. "I say we let Zant decide, he is our leader after all."

Zant just was silent watching the massacre going on, did that rogue character intend to kill all 100-odd players in that building? He rose. "Lets go, I don't want to fight him, let us see how far he gets. Rally the army! Have them intercept at level 40 wilderness, wherever he is, if he hits level forty, I want him pked!"

Roshia bowed and left. The other two stayed, and watched, half guarding, Zant as he sent out a message to a friend.

"He's become very dangerous Dueler, like you said, he had the marks of insanity."

"Well, I expect you to come over here."

"What do you mean? 'No'? I need more powerful players than I got..."

"Whatever man, pretty soon he'll start killing in the non-wildy area. There's nothing to stop him! Goodbye!"

Zant turned to his friends, "Looks like we'll have to fight him ourselves."

--------------

Meanwhile, Growing Night is on the prowl. By use of intelligent leveling up and skill using, he has far exceeded the normal activities of a normal kid quintuple the old age of three and four-fifths. He silently walked through the wilderness, looking for just one man. Noticing some players running to the west, obviously in fear, he headed toward their source. Only to find the man he was looking for. Quickly taking a screen shot, he logged off as fast as possible.

In the real world, Growing Night plays on a laptop. He sits on several telephone books and manuals, even then it is uncomfortable to play it. He slowly saves the screen-shot, taking pains to make sure that his mother is not watching. L, helping out Lenguin, while slightly distracting her, gives him the thumbs up. Slowly nodding, Growing Night returns to "Where in the Universe is Carmen Sandiago, Star Wars edition" very satisfied.

----

Just so you know, Roshia was (is, whatever) Japanese. "Kun" is Japanese, it is a very friendly term for a close friend (especially male/female relationships) I did not take Kun, from the Cataphract of Kun, from this word.

Lenguin slowly walked into the ministers office, the door held open by its inhabitant.

The man looked like Patrick Stewart, and was proud of the fact. He sat behind his desk and waited for her to begin. She could not find the words she needed to say. So he initiated the conversation.

"So, has it been a year since your husband died? I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but you do have a son, shouldn't you be going to find what God has in store?"

"God wanted me to be with him! Why else do you think He put us together so well... so... He isn't dead!"

"But, child, he no longer exists in this world, his body is empty, I am very sorry I speak callously, but you must remember, life is defined by our bodies, God merely speeds up the inevitable as He wills. Since his body is empty, you must logically conclude that he has died."

"I don't give a darn for your logic!"

A brief silence, then, an organ is heard playing theme songs, from games and such. They walk out and see Growing Night playing with just a beginners book in front of him, but now he plays by ear, very beautifully. Lenguin is very saddened by this, just one more skill her son gains at a very young age.

"Then, please tell me about him."

"My son or my husband."

"Either."

"I guess I'll just talk, My son was born four years ago. I see you are trying to stay from showing surprise. But I ... I am scared of him, no, for him. Those who seem super intelligent are some of the most vulnerable people. Hylean was like that, He'd get bullied and bullied in college, but eventually...

My son defies normal definition, even beyond what imagination allows. It's like being in a horror movie like The Omen, the first one. I don't think I am to blame, I am trying to say that I am... I'll talk about my husband then. He makes me feel safe. I always feel insecure, no matter what happens, Hylean cures that. Even when he goes insane, I still feel safer, even fighting against him, than I do anywhere else."

"He goes insane?"

-------------

Andrew Gower has finally hit on the correct code which he hopes will bring them back, all of them. He began to set the steps in motion. But an email stopped in his tracks.

"Your fire walls are insufficient. I have seen the coding, do not put this into action! I beg you! It will destroy you. L"

Andrew Gower ignored the warning, he was sure that this elegant specimen of Java coding was most sufficient.

(six months in the past, compared to last post.)

Hylean slouched against the wall, licking some invisible substance from his blade. Mumbling contentedly to himself he began to speak aloud. "Information, data, its all the same, it feels like power, more information and more power right?"

He suddenly bent down and came up. "Yes, but it doesn't feel right like this."

He repeated the previous motion. "Oh, shut up, I like it, and as your evil half, I account for quite a lot."

Suddenly, a player who had been hiding ran out from cover, attempting to make it over the hills. Hylean jumped, landing in front of the offending person. It was one of the "Cursed" as they were called. She was one of the Five thousand players doomed to wander the world of Gielnr, until Runescape is no more.

Hylean was about to end her current state of existence, when a sudden conflicting thought came into his head.

"Don't kill her! She looks just like beloved!"

"But she isn't!"

"She looks like it!"

"But she is just data and a soul... in fact, I bet that is more informative than just normal players."

Zant cursed under his breath, no sign of Roshia yet. He nodded to Zsinj, who jumped don in front of him, wielding one of the finer sabers from Mos l'Harmless.

"I can't let you kill her in such a way, Hylean."

"Lets kill him instead then, a compromise?"

"Agreed."

Zsinj felt slightly off balance, who in the world was Hylean talking to, but it didn't matter to him. He went on the offensive, slashing quickly at his eyes, attempting to blind him. But Hylean was quick, he countered and jumped back a little, then forward, putting his momentum into the swing, which he knew the small saber could not block. Zsinj, however, used a thrusting move, forcing Hylean to use a defensive attack, sending Zsinj flying.

Zsinj got up, he replaced the saber with a katana from the eastern lands. This was a much more weightier, if slightly slower weapon. Hylean was laughing, swinging from side to side as if he was ready for any attack that could possibly be used on him. Zsinj swore to end his maniac snickerings for good.

Hylean allowed him to charge, then blocked his blade by parrying upward, above his opponents head, then downward.

Hylean allowed the data to soak into his cloths and skin, relishing the affects. Xetax leaped up. Jumping towards Zsinj, she tossed blinding powder into Hylean's face. Using the Lunar magics to heal Zsinj, she stood and faced Hylean, who was still reeling from the effects of the powder.

"I am afraid you must fight this one, Hylean."

Xetax wondered, who was her adversary talking to?

"Very well." Hylean's posture became less bestial and more elegant. Holding his sword in one hand, he beckoned to his opponent. "Well? Come on!"

Xetax jumped, landing right in front of him. Launching a flurry of attacks that would put a martial arts master to shame, she attempted to slash Hylean with her claws. He dodged them. Then he lifted his hand, holding the runes for wind blast. Xetax dodged, but Hylean had not cast the spell yet. Landing behind him, she attempted to attack his back side. Hylean's sword appeared suddenly, blocking her attacks yet again. Suddenly, she felt herslf being thrown back. Hylean's hand, slightly steaming from the magic, waved at her.

"SOB!"

"What?"

"I called you an SOB! B!"

"I think you just insulted my mother."

Xetax did not heed his body posture. "Yeah! And your dad too! You are a...(10x bleeps) "

"I am afraid you have sealed yoursef from any mercy I may have given."

Xetax sneered then attacked. Hylean merely jumped to one side at the last second, slashing at the same time. Xetax was nearly cut in two, but she had also dodged at the last second to gage his attack.

Hylean shrugged, then threw his Buster Sword. Catching Xetax straight in the face, she collasped, and found herself in Lumbridge.

Zant sighed, now he must enter the fray. Loosing his granite maul, he moved toward the fighter who had already defeated two of his officers.

Zant walked slowly up to Hylean, doing his utmost to keep his anger in check.

"I'll be darned, Zant!"

"Eh?"

"My name's Hylean, I do believe we met, some six months ago at a exhibition..."

"Never mention that to me!"

Zant fully cracked, brandishing his granite maul he hurled himself at Hylean. Hylean tried to dodge, but Zant was too fast, and he landed a powerful blow. Falling back, Hylean tried to get up. A third voice appeared in his head, then, he spoke to Zant.

"I don't want to fight you anymore."

"What! You'll fight me! Ding it! You fing noob!"

Hylean, clutching his head in one hand, and his sword in another. kicked dust in Zant's face and escaped, then used the player owned house teleport.

Hylean collasped on the bed, now clutching his skull with two hands, trying to figure out, just who was dominant.

(six months later, one year since the exhibition in Saint Louis 2012.)

Lenguin nodded. "Yes, he has gone insane once before. I personally think he has some kind of messed up multiple personality disorder. But its not like anything else a psychologist has ever seen. He has at least four different personalities. The first is evil, the second is relatively good, the third is a kind person, and the fourth does not consider itself a true voice. The reason why the fourth has such a low estimation of itself is that it is true Hylean. The one time... do you remember the bestial gentleman killings a while back?"

The reverend thought a moment. "Yes, unsolved if I remember."

"Hylean was the main suspect, but the reason why he was never caught was because the voices, the personalities just denied it, everything pointed to, yet denied Hylean's guilt. I found him eventually, when he was listening to the third, pacifist voice. And I kissed him, then he remembered." She smiled, remembering something, then sighed, hand to her lips. "We were just married then, and I think I made him... go crazy. Its, just like an adventure being with him, but still, I feel safe, even at his most dangerous, no matter what happens."

Lenguin left the minister soon afterward, Growing Night followed, a little chuffed at being not allowed to finish the song, but obedient.

Lenguin arrived at the workplace on the Monday. L, who apparently lived either in the building or nearby was already there, running diagnostics on the servers.

"How are you today, Lenguin?"

*sigh* "Okay, its a hassle trying to find a school for my son, because he is way too smart, unfortunately."

"I'm saving you money, which we need, mother. Do not be distressed over my intelligence, it is a great gift with a purpose, maybe staying by you is my purpose?"

"Don't talk back to me please, just... please be quiet when adults are having conversations, even if we don't really display our feelings."

L, intrigued at Lenguin's comment, thought, then replied, fingering his hair. "Will nothing take him?"

"Nothing of importance. Anything wrong with the servers today?"

"No, but there is going to be a glut of updates, but the first precursor is a new skill. Flight and airships, of all things."

"Well, let Mr. Gower do what he wants. Lets start making sure it gets updated right."

--------------------------

Andrew Gower was beginning to have slight, small doubts about the supposed effectiveness of what the untried program could do. But he could not do it another way, the code was stretched, yet fitting. He had a great desire to put as many updates into the game as possible, and he decided to do just.

-----------------------------

(Six months in the past, 2011)

Hylean woke up, feeling nauseated and strangely satisfied at the same time. It felt like three voices had turned into one voice, but he could not remember anything. He knew what was his, where he was, he had a vague idea what he was, but he knew nothing of his history. It felt like he had always been in Runescape.

He tightened his armor and proceeded to leave the portal. He arrived in Falador and went on the second floor. Three players were talking, loudly.

The first talker was the leader, the other two seemed to be his underlings, as opposed to being treated like equals.

"Well, what areas AREN'T taken?"

"Well, the trolls."

"The trolls are too hard to keep in control, I need something like Dueler's area, you know, with a player combat place."

"You mean, like Castle wars?"

"Exactly! We shall institute our kingdom in the Castle Wars, Yanille and south of that into the Ogre swamps and even south of that, if we can."

"Yessir, but how?"

Hylean stood up, his now agile mind was going very fast. "By right of the sword!" The three looked at him blankly. "You know what I mean, have the strongest player fight any challengers, and thus win the respect of other players. And I could do it!"

"You, I don't even know you!"

"But that doesn't stop me! Give my idea a test run, you can only go up!"

"Very well, meet at castle wars! Watchtower Teleport!" The leader disappeared, the two others followed, Hylean, who had exchanged rings on the way there, rubbed his dueling ring.

It was definitely a dream and he knew it. Growing Night felt very strange. He knew about dreams and how such-a-part of the brain affected such-and-such part of the consciousness, but he still felt very strange indeed.

A grassy plain, people standing and falling, killing, looking around, he saw someone coming toward him.

"I know you are messing with my dreams."

"Wow! People usually don't realize that in the books I read."

"Well, what do you want? L?"

The figure, who could only be identified by his posture was visibly surprised.

"Well, Listen carefully..."

Growing Night woke up in a cold sweat, almost crying, in fact, he began to. lenguin came slowly, to see what was the matter. She was intimidated, Growing Night, had never cried after his birth. She comforted him and felt comforted herself. Her son was a real boy after all.