Variable X, an unfortunate soul

Xewleer

Variable X was born on a stormy night, in a hospital. So? One might say, but it is said his mother ran off with his father, the very night she gave birth, not even the Virgin Mary (Hail Mary!) could do that. And so he came under the care of the previous Father, John Saint, with a birth certificate with the only thing on it, a name, written Variable X.

I was not in the monastery at the time of his arrival, and knew nothing of him, until someone told me, but that is something else.

Back to the story. He began to grow up and become the things that come with manhood, when there came a few kids who did not believe that his name was not his fault, and they teased him. They teased them until he broke nearly 100 bones total in their collective bodies. We had to release him after that. I was walking toward the monastery for my first day serving Our Father. He passed me as I paid my cab fare. He had the most evil eyes I had ever saw, but angry, with an intense rage that I felt was destroy him.

He then a vagabond, too prone to violence to possibly hold a job, even for a professional mafia enforcer. So he was stuck on the streets, too proud to beg, too cruel and disgusted with himself to do anything of true use. Until he met a girl in unfortunate circumstances.

He was walking down an ally, hungry, as usual, when a girl ran by him. He grabbed her and tossed her in a nearby dumpster, sensing she was being chased. A man ran by, then came back.

"Hey! kid! you saw a little prossy run by here?"

"I think you are looking for this!" He is reported to have broken every rib that man had, using a move the older monks said he called guilotine. The girl climbed out of the dumpster and thanked him. Only to be slapped across the face for hugging him. But she stayed and followed him for some reason. And they began a mutual relationship, he would fend off any possible attackers and she would help by getting food.

Winter came, and the heart of Variable began to melt. And she was the reason. He now had a reason to be kind to someone else, no one had ever shown him kindness without a reason or responsibility to do so. But winter is cold, and they had no coats or warm clothes that they could share. They found a house, naturally heated for an unknown reason.

And Christmas, the birthday of our Lord, neared and Variable did something kind, he got a present for her. Hiding it under the bed where they slept together for warmth. Then she called him.

"Variable!"

He walked down and was greeted by a goon and his boss, the large and brutish (even for a goon) man was holding her by the neck and was pointing a gun to her head.

The boss was in a very calm state of mind and began to talk.

"Variable, is it? Well, I want you to come with me."

"No."

"If you don't come with me I'll have her killed."

Variable charged the hired muscle man and tackled him, but he still shot, and hit, her, and she fell to the ground, lifeless. Variable went wild and started to fight with the muscle man and was shot by the boss. Who left with his bodyguard as if nothing had happened, and they drove off in a limosine. The bodyguard questioned the boss. "Why'd ya kill em? I tot you wanted 'em livin?"

"No cousin of mine will ever replace my position as Godfather of this cities mob."

And so he drove off, leaving two bodies to rot. Except that I was ministering in that area, and I found a girl shot through the chest, in the area between the ribs and her breasts, and healed her, and she told me her story.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

yes! That was the feeling I was going for! BTW, the Varriable is dead, how can I expand it, and she is currently horribly mangled and in the care of Catholic monks. I don't think I can lengthen it without ruining some of the stuff in the story.

What the 'I couldn't be bothered' look?

I got the bit that Variable was dead...

started to fight with the muscle man and was shot by the boss

Thats really detailed and I got the feel that actually you got bored with the story and decided...actually I am gonna give up now...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

no, thats the, me running out of batteries in my laptop, but I see you are right, in this issue, I'm dissatisfied with it too.