A temporary solution - Dagannoth Kings

alphakoldes

Excuse me if this, or something like this has been proposed before.

With the unbalanced trading update finally being implemented, there are certain things within the game that will be forced to change, obviously.

One of those things is paying for a suicider for DKs.

[hide=Quick Suiciding Overview]Essentially what happens is some people like to solo one of the bosses, Rex, but they need a hand getting into the dungeon, and getting past Prime/Supreme. So what happens is people used to PAY another player to assist them.

That player would come in with the person who is going to stay and solo rex, and that player would attack prime and supreme, eventually getting killed, but leaving the Rex spawn for the mage.

Compensating them for their time and effort is primarily what paying the 'suicider' was for. The past fees would be anywhere from 100-500k (depending), OR a certain percentage of the loot acquired from killing the King(s).[/hide]

Obviously with the new unbalanced trading system this is impossible. But it does NOT have to be the death of Soloing Rex, or using a suicider.

To me, there are two options. The first one is people simply being friends with one another, giving up a little time and effort, and suiciding for one another out of the kindness of their heart. Because this is a video game, and friendship such as this isn't always common, and because you won't always have someone who is able for assisting you, I think there is a better method.

And that can simply be a you scratch my back, I scratch yours, method.

All I am offering is a thread for us to help one another.

Simply post your suicider needs here, and someone can either reply in this thread, or message you in game saying they can suicide for you. Amongst the two people working together, you can keep track of who last suicided for who. Basically a trade off system. You suicide for me, and then I'll suicide for you. Obviously this is somewhat based off trust, but with this thread, I believe you can keep track and make sure no one gets wronged.

Just a temporarily solution to HOPEFULLY a temporary problem.

*EDIT* The reason I put this in the GD forum is because I am sure people will want to discuss whether or not this is worth doing before possibly making a new post/moving this to the correct forum.

Thanks.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I came up with another solution that i posted on my clan's forums:

At seers before the trip, 30k is paid to the suicider.

At the ladder, the suicider trades a teleport tablet for another 30k.

After the trip, the suicider receives another 30k.

That's a very good alternative also, Jordan.

Only thing I see is that you're saying the giver has 200+ QP.

Most DKers DO have a fair number of Qp compared to the average RSer, I'd say, but not sure about 200+ (189 myself)

Let's say someone gets 25k trade, that's only 75k for suiciding? Seems semi-low.

And I sure hope it doesn't take 15 minutes from Seers to the ladder.. (obviously depends on when you trade the money then when you start walking)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

=D> to Jordan for being a smart [wagon].. again (on a nice way).

igsig.png

The trade is limited by the lower max cap of the two. So if you traded someone with 0 QP, then you're limited by their 3k max.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Thats a great alternative. \'

Shots-Sig.jpg

Ya, thats prolly going to have to be the best way to do it for now.

However, im still hoping that things like the lootshare problems that now have arrisen will be fixed when the new dungeon comes out later this month.

However, that doesnt mean that something like this will be fixed with that, if this is even one of those kind of things jagex wants to fix or not. Unfortunately, I bet they dont plan on it. I mean how many thousands of players wanted pking to come back, did they get their way, or despite bh, a good alternative? Unfortunately same may come of dk suiciding. :cry:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

The trade is limited by the lower max cap of the two. So if you traded someone with 0 QP, then you're limited by their 3k max.

So my point is even further proved, BOTH people would need 200+ for 90k

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

So my point is even further proved, BOTH people would need 200+ for 90k

There are a lot of quest capes out there...

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg