The Locust

wakka102

I've been trying to understand the appeal to this band recently. For those that aren't familiar with this band they are a 4 piece (I think?) with a guitar, keyboard, bass, and drummer. They use tons of sound effects and everyone that enjoys them claims that their music is totally brilliant. Now, I'm a fan of very fast and strange sounding music but I just can't seem to get into this band like I thought I could. They just sound like a ton of noise to me (and thats saying a lot because of some of the music I have lol).

So is anyone familiar with this band that can lead me towards some songs that would get me started? Most of there songs are not more than 2 minutes long, but anything anyone can tell me about this band is appreciated

(sorry about all the posts lol, I just have alot to say right now)

i saw a few videos of these guys on youtube they are ummm confusing to say the least i think i could only get into them if i was completely wasted but meh at least they are a bit different to everyone else

kirby-sig.gif

i saw a few videos of these guys on youtube they are ummm confusing to say the least i think i could only get into them if i was completely wasted but meh at least they are a bit different to everyone else
yea, very few of their songs are more than 1 minute long (most are even less) but they have 20-30 songs on every album. They use lots of sound effects with their music. It's neat to watch them play live but beyond that I can't seem to find any songs that are appealing. However, the fans seem to find something in them that I'm not yet seeing...

also, one of the band members was on jerry springer lol, you can find a video of it on youtube also.