Runescape is like Marijuana

darkmage099

DISCLAIMER:

1. I'm not "advocating" drug-use

2. I know drugs may be a little more extreme than simple video games

3. This cannot go in general discussion due to the immaturity of the General forum. The rules specifically state that these "controversial" topics belong in OT. As of recently, the Video Games and Consoles has become a subforum of OT; therefore, this topic is appropriate.

4. You CAN RELATE it to other video games, but I made this post for Runescape.

5. If you have a problem with the post and not the content, feel free to PM me.

1. It's easy.

Runescape is fairly easy to get in to. You dont "need" much to do it. It's a mediocre browser-based game that is open to all with internet. The system reqs are very low. Similarly, marijuana is fairly easy to access. You can grow it in your yard! There's no special needs...you just smoke it.

2. It's a gateway

Runescape starts out simple but around end-game you want more. After "farming" dks, kq, and barrows it does get old. Some people quit, some people move to a new "harder" game. Similarly, marijuana is fairly simple. It's not a complicated drug. Some people quit, some people move on to something "harder" (figure it out).

Simple analogy: Runescape:marijuana::WoW/Everquest/Guild Wars:crack, meth, acid, LSD

3. Can go two directions

Some people get "addicted" to Runescape but others just play it occasionally. Similarly, marijuana users can get "addicted" but others just do it with friends to get high. Also, Runescapers can get addicted just like marijuana users. This usually leads to a gateway.

4. It's relaxing

Those who do Runescape find it relaxing. Similarly, those who do marijuana find it relaxing. It's an escape from real life.

5. It can be social or non-social

Some people play Runescape with friends or because friends play it. They think it's a nice way to hang out. In contrast, some users just sit in their computer rooms playing it all day while shielding themselves from the world around them. Similarly, marijuana users find it nice to hang out with friends while smoking. It's a social thing to gather at someone's house and get high. Others decide to sit in their basement getting constantly high.

EDIT: I KNOW they are not the same. I know Runescape is legal. I'm not saying they are the "same" just similar.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Methinks this was locked in General for a reason.

However weak the analogy, the fact remains that you're asking for some kind of discussion relating a game to drugs. That's not really the kind of context you want drugs to be discussed in.

Locked.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"