The X Files 2

Craiglowery

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38875

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.

W00T!!!

I've been waiting for this movie for so long and its finally happening!!!

Anyone else love The X Files?

111-1.jpg

Awesome. X-Files was one of my favourite TV series when it started in the mid 90s. It was pretty original at the time and I was completely addicted :)

Gotta say though, around seasons 3 & 4 I completely lost interest and I hear the final seasons were very poor indeed.

Regardless, I loved the movie and can't wait for a sequel!

Harrington.gif

Well, I used to love The X Files, "love" is really a weak word in this context though. xD Complete and utter devotion fits better. ;d. I never stopped liking it, but I sort of stopped dwelling on it so much, ever since it ended, because there was no new stuff to look forward to (I still consider it to have ended some seasons before it actually did because I don't approve of what they've done in the very last seasons with it...what with the dissappearance of Mulder and all that jazz). But still it's the best tv show that I have ever seen and none I've seen since has come quite close to it.

Gotta say though, around seasons 3 & 4 I completely lost interest and I hear the final seasons were very poor indeed.

Hm, strange, I always thought 3 and 4 were awesome. In terms of storytelling though, nothing beats season 1.

Anyway, I can't believe they're finally making X Files 2! Sure took them long enough...I pretty much gave up hope by then. I heard it's more than likely not gonna deal with the mythology; it's gonna be a MOTW - and I can only say YAY to that. Because the last seasons were crap and the mythology episodes got progressively weaker in terms of storytelling. Not to mention the introduction of Dogget and Reyes :roll: . Actually I didn't even watch the last 2 seasons.

It's gonna be interesting to see David and Gillian play Mulder and Scully again *after all this time* >_< I hope they're still gonna have that amazing on screen chemistry that they used to have.

Man, I really can't wait a year for this! xD

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg