The last time I foolishly update something I needn't

Problem: I need to get winamp to recognise one of my playlists... it loads alright, but doesn't recognise any of the entries, so it just rusehs down the list skipping all of them. Any idea how to get it to work? All the addresses are correct, so I can't understand why it's not detecting them.

Right: I started Winamp, and it came up with a little box saying something along the lines of "wouldja like to update to 5.09?", so I said yes I would. When it's done installing, it comes up with an error message saying that it's performed such and such an illegal operation and must close, what with it being annoying and all that.

Having let it do that, I tried to start it again; it didn't work, for the same reason, whatever that was. I uninstalled it, installed it again, and it still didn't work. I uninstalled it again, re-downloaded it, and put it in new place this time, and it worked. However, it doesn't regcognise any of the entries in my playlist, so I've had to, as a temporary measure, add the big folder they're all in and get on with teh business of scrolling down slowly as it loads all the details for them.

If anyone has any idea how I could get it to recognise my old playlist, this would save me hours of scrolling down, and days of re-organising

It seems that it's decided that all the files are on C: instead of E:... Does anyone know a way to persuade it otherwise? i.e. to change every item to the correct drive.

1. Open the m3u file in WordPad or a similar text editor

2. Edit > Replace

3. Find: "C:"; Replace: "E:"; Replace All

4. Save under another name in case something went wrong

5. Try to open it :D

(the m3u playlist files are just text files. Which is nifty :) )