Java Problems ? Here's a solution.

Xena_Dragon

Since installing the latest Sun Java update I've been unable to run Runescape in Internet Explorer 7 or the Jagex Runescape Client (which uses IE internally). Firefox still worked for me. In Internet explorer a pop-up warning would appear with the following text

This program does not have a valid digital signature that verifys its publisher. This program will open outside of Protected Mode, putting your computer at risk. You should only run programs from publishers you trust.

Name: ..es\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssvagent[Caution: Executable File]

Publisher: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

It seems that there is a problem with the signing of Sun Java 6 update 7. What I did is download a beta version of Sun Java 6 update 10, which made all problems go away. Runescape now works fine in Internet Explorer and the Jagex Runescape Client.

You can find the new Sun Java beta here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ea.jsp

Click on the orange button that says "JRE 6 Update 10 Beta (Build 25)" and from there select the OS you are using (Windows) and then either pick the online install to start installation directly or the offline install if you first want to download the file and install later.

Xena_Dragon.png