climbing over fences/things that get in teh way

Noobinated

Why are there so many damn fences and things that get in the way in runescape? If I want to go somewhere, I have to walk around atleast 5 fences to get there, adding about 10 minutes to my travel time. I think that if your agility is high enough, you should be able to climb over fences and take shortcuts.

Agility Levels:

20: Jump over wooden fences

30: Jump over small objects

35: Climb over iron bar fences

50: Climb/Jump off steep hills

60: Scale/Rappel castle walls (with rope)

75: Swim for a limited time (based on energy)

90: Become a ghost and walk through things like walls, trees, etc. (based on energy)

Personnally, if this was in the game, I would pay :P

Why are there so many damn fences and things that get in the way in runescape? If I want to go somewhere, I have to walk around atleast 5 fences to get there, adding about 10 minutes to my travel time.

Christ, where are you going?

There are already obstacles in the world map which allow for shortcuts with those with agility. The obstacles are there for a reason.

If there were no fences or lame obstacles there that were obviously put in to slow down travel times, then I could get from one side of the map to the other in like 2 minutes. Now it takes like 10.

I agree that walking around everything gets tiresome, but that's the game. Now that I can tele just about wherever I want, my walking is reduced dramatically, and I'm more appreciatve of that since I once did have to walk everywhere.

That said, I do think *some* of the fences, walls, rivers could be removed without too much harm to the game.

lpinkus

what would agility have to do with turning into a ghost?

and swimming really wouldn't help with anything, since every river has a bridge.

imagine all the quest places they would have to fix so people couldnt sneak in without doing the quest.

How about after the carpentry skill comes in, you will have the skill to break through obstacles. It also depends on your strength on what types of obstacles you can break. Like if it was a brick wall you would need 80+ str in order to break it with your head.

Sup noobs.

How about after the carpentry skill comes in, you will have the skill to break through obstacles. It also depends on your strength on what types of obstacles you can break. Like if it was a brick wall you would need 80+ str in order to break it with your head.

Lol. That sure sounds like a new fighting sytle to me. It also sounds like what you see on ESPN when football (American football) is on a local network :)

I don't care for this breaking through obstacles thing, but if it did happen, who is fixing the wall after you break through? Or the fence? Or the locked door/gate? And, after you go through, can someone else come through behind you? For how long? These are things JAGeX would have to consider.

By the way, if you want to fix the wall yourself, guess what? New skill: bricklaying :)

"You barge the lathe with your trowel"

lpinkus

Lol. That sure sounds like a new fighting sytle to me. It also sounds like what you see on ESPN when football (American football) is on a local network :)

I don't care for this breaking through obstacles thing, but if it did happen, who is fixing the wall after you break through? Or the fence? Or the locked door/gate? And, after you go through, can someone else come through behind you? For how long? These are things JAGeX would have to consider.

By the way, if you want to fix the wall yourself, guess what? New skill: bricklaying :)

"You barge the lathe with your trowel"

lpinkus

Nah...it would go under carpentry still. i think. Also, you don't have to fix it yourself. If you do, however, you will gain some carpentry exp. If you leave it as it is, broken, then it will regenerate.

Sup noobs.