friendly duels best build to use? (question 2)

doubledemon

Ok I already asked about this yesterday but now we have a level cap in the duel. So me and a few friends are all starting from scratch gonna level up to 35 and then 1on1 round robin duel. out of everyone who is playing there prolly wont be any pure mages, and Im guessing most will be variations of melee, and then may be 1 or 2 rangers. So what would be an effective build at combat level 35?

Note: no one knows too much about the equipment bonuses and negatives to stats they all quit playing the game before that was implemented. So they aren't gonna be too great anyways

F2P only

Ok I already asked about this yesterday but now we have a level cap in the duel. So me and a few friends are all starting from scratch gonna level up to 35 and then 1on1 round robin duel. out of everyone who is playing there prolly wont be any pure mages, and Im guessing most will be variations of melee, and then may be 1 or 2 rangers. So what would be an effective build at combat level 35?

Note: no one knows too much about the equipment bonuses and negatives to stats they all quit playing the game before that was implemented.

F2P only

Just to level 35? Train a mage, hell yeah.

At 35 combat, you can have 24 hp and 59 magic. That simply OWNS. Meleers at level 35 could hit maybe a 7 or 8, while you can smash out a 16. Plus with 24 hp, you get enough hp to survive at least 3 strong hits without eating.

Be careful though. 24 hp puts you on the verge of leveling. If you get 1 defense or hp level, you're 36 combat. If you wanna be safe, settle for 22 or 23 hp.

Ignore prayer and defense. At such a low level it won't do you any good.

As for food, get anchovy pizzas. It heals 18 in 2 bites. Your friends will probably use salmon or tuna, which is 9 and 10 hp in 1 bite. Therefore, with anchovy pizza, you will effectively have DOUBLE the food your opponent has. Now lets compare.

1) You can heal over double the damage they can

2) You can't get killed in few hits

3) You can hit over double the damage they can

If you DON'T win under those conditions, I'd be surprised.

Only problem is money. Anchovy pizzas are 450gp each. That's expensive. 59 magic will also cost you. However, if you make soft clay/tan cow hides for 4-6 hours, you'll have enough money to get 59 magic AND buy all the equipment you need.

For the 35 combat limit you guys have, this is really the best game plan.

Also, if you wanna be even sneakier, learn to play around obstacles so you can trap meleers. If you're experienced enough, you could probably take down a meleer without getting damaged at all. Tell me that isn't an advantage ::'

Equipment:

Wizard hat

Wizard top

Leather chaps

Fire staff

Anti-dragon shield

Leather gloves

Leather boots

Any cape

Magic amulet

The leather chaps are there because there is nothing better for you to wear, and it gives no negative magic bonuses.

If you wanna spend/waste time and get 50 rc, you could use GoP robes instead of Wizard

If you wanna spend time at FoG, you could use Combat/Druid robes instead of Wizard

hey zaaps lol you already forget your discussion with me earlier on making money without raising skills??? I already got quite a bit of money it wouldn't be an issue. Oh yeah we wont be healing either itll be a fight to the death. But yeah that sounds like a good plan with the mage.

Also what are those other robes you stated? are they available to free players?

hey zaaps lol you already forget your discussion with me earlier on making money without raising skills??? I already got quite a bit of money it wouldn't be an issue. Oh yeah we wont be healing either itll be a fight to the death. But yeah that sounds like a good plan with the mage.

Also what are those other robes you stated? are they available to free players?

No, I didn't forget, I just wanted to state how long it would take (approx) to get the money needed. Since you don't need food, reduce that number to like 3 hours max. The method you should use is curse once you can, on the Zamorak Monk (Varrock Palace). However, you get no hp xp this way, so use combat spells to your desired hp level (or train melee stats, you don't get any combat levels from attack/strength as long as your magic stays ahead).

Runecrafter Robes are a minigame reward from the f2p minigame, the Great Orb Project. However, they take about 4-6 hours to get the full set, and are actually worse than FoG robes (statistically), described next.

Fist of Guthix robes are a minigame reward from the f2p minigame, the Fist of Guthix. You may want to buy the combat robes/druid robes beforehand. I would recommend buying the combat robes. They give you a slight chance in casting a spell without using any non-elemental runes, while druid robes make your binds last longer. Since bind is worthless in f2p anyway, and druid robes are more expensive, and they have the same stats, get combat robes. If you want to buy them uncharged from the GE, then charge them, add about 120k to your expenses. You also need to get enough tokens from FoG to charge them all. However, being a pure mage, this shouldn't be a problem at all. Just make sure you don't accidentally gain an hp level at FoG.

So I can buy these robes from the GE? Also I will need 10 defense to wear these robes...is it still worth it in my limited amount of levels I can gain?

Do you need 10 defense? I don't remember that being a requirement.

Hmm, in that case don't do it.

for the fog robes you do, can i buy runecrafting robes from the GE cuz 50 runecrafting may be pretty hard to obtain in my short time period to train

Yes, you CAN buy the FoG robes from the GE, but in their uncharged form. In this form, they don't have the special set effect and are WEAKER than normal wizard robes. So you have to play the FoG game to recharge them. Recharging is still less tokens (far less) then buying the robes using the tokens, however.

The robes will degrade fully in about 4 hours of combat (not wear), so you probably won't need to worry about recharging it twice.