Garden of Tranquillity

Step 6 of the guide states:

6: Burthorpe Vines

Items needed for this part: 2 plant cures, 1 rune essence. Go to Burthorpe and speak to Bernald east of the Bar. He will tell you of the diseased grapevines. Offer to help in exchange for the Burthorpe vines, using all the charm options along the way. Try using your plant cure and you will find it has no effect. Speak to Bernald again and he will tell you of someone who might have a stronger cure.

Vine seed

Go south to Taverley and speak with Alain the druid gardener. He is located right against the wall by the tree patch. Ask about the strong plant cure. Do NOT use the charm options, it will have no effect on the druid. He will tell you to grind a rune essence up and use it on a regular plant cure.Break up the rune stone first with your hammer or chisel, then grind it with the pestle and mortar. Use it with the plant cure and then go cure the vines. You will now get the Burthorpe Vine seeds.

This is false because you also need a hammer and a pestle and mortar for the second part of step 6.

Don't cry because it ended, smile because is happened.

Step 6 of the guide states:

6: Burthorpe Vines

Items needed for this part: 2 plant cures, 1 rune essence. Go to Burthorpe and speak to Bernald east of the Bar. He will tell you of the diseased grapevines. Offer to help in exchange for the Burthorpe vines, using all the charm options along the way. Try using your plant cure and you will find it has no effect. Speak to Bernald again and he will tell you of someone who might have a stronger cure.

Vine seed

Go south to Taverley and speak with Alain the druid gardener. He is located right against the wall by the tree patch. Ask about the strong plant cure. Do NOT use the charm options, it will have no effect on the druid. He will tell you to grind a rune essence up and use it on a regular plant cure.Break up the rune stone first with your hammer or chisel, then grind it with the pestle and mortar. Use it with the plant cure and then go cure the vines. You will now get the Burthorpe Vine seeds.

This is false because you also need a hammer and a pestle and mortar for the second part of step 6.

Hello there, I remember doing this quest. I did some research into the query about the rune/pure essence. Yes you can use either a Hammer or a Chisel to turn rune/pure essence into Rune shards. As for something about a Pestle&Mortar I'm sure you will need in during this part of the quest, I noticed how on the guide it doesn't say you need a pestle&mortar but I'm really sure it is needed later on. So for starters the pestle and mortar should be added to the guide under the 'Items' section.

I have provided you with some links to some information which you may find useful during the completion of this quest. Good luck with the rest of the quest if you are still doing it. Personally my favourite part was stealing the statues and taking them back to Varrock Palace Gardens. Hope all of this helps

Quest Guide

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=115

Vine Seed-Item Database

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=4263

Plant Cure-Item Database

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=4274

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png