Tanking aviansies set-up?

Irgudspeelr

I've decided that next time I get a member pin I'm putting it on my combat-style account. I was looking for things I could do, and tanking aviansies always looked like fun.

I've 80 defence, 75 ranged, and 78 HP. Before I get members though, I'll probably have 80 ranged and close to 80 HP. With these stats, what's the cheapest effective set-up that I could use? I've been looking at using full void, since I don't want to have too many items that degrade.

If you could get a set up that's around 1M, I'd appreciate it.

a the best set up is in my opinion but there is also a budget set up which would be ideal for your 1m.

helm-armadyl > zammy coif for budget zammy item.

necklace - fury> armadyl pendant

cape - accumulator

body - zammy dhide > black dhide

legs - tassets > torags or similar barrows > rune legs

hands - barrows gloves

feet - ranger boots/ bandos boots> snakeskin

shield - dfs> granite shield

this set up is designed for ranging in the erie. if you want to range out of the erie just substitute barrows gloves for sara vambs.

pilipod.png

I planned on ranging outside, so I changed barrows gloves for saradomin vambraces. The set up is great; +130 ranged attack and +220 ranged defence. :thumbup:

My only concern is the barrows legs, they're a large portion of the defence. How long would they take to degrade before I start taking harder hits? On a tangent: what's a good ranged attack bonus and defence bonus to have?

Thanks again. I used the equipment builder to work out the stats with rune platelegs, and the ranged defence is still +177. At the same time the price drops from 900K to under 600K. I assume with a defence level of 80 and a ranged defence of +177 I'd be able to stay there for quite a while - provided I've got the correct inventory (B2P tabs etc).

Once I've made enough money from aviansies, is it worth changing rune platelegs to torag's for the extra defence boost, even if they do degrade?