Molestation Education

SeanyTheSailor

I'll skip the story as to how I got to thinking about this but this is the topic. What do you think about educating children when it comes to child molestation and rape, or even teens? I say teens because when I was younger i was in boy scouts and this is where i learned these things, and I remember seeing all these videos about how not to be molested/ know if you where and then when I was older they showed us a video which essentially said don't do the molesting (granted it was a sort of date rape scenario). I can't say this traumatized me but at the time I was sort of surprised. After thinking about this and realizing I had nothing else to do I looked ups some facts about it. My source was this site.

(Note: A "child" is defined as 13 years of age and lower)

Approx. 3 million children in America are sexually abused, this is an estimate because it is very rarely reported.

In 1998 there were 103,000 reported and confirmed cases of molested children.

An estimated 1 in 20 teenage boys and adult men sexually abuse children.

An estimated 1 in 3300 teenage girls or women sexually abuse children.

There are more facts but if you really want to see them you can click the link.

The third fact down really surprises me and makes me wonder how accurate this fact is, if it is accurate it is extremely disturbing. If you think about it just changing in the locker room supposedly one of those people molests (or has molested?) children. On the other end of the spectrum (and not to sound sexist) but maybe what is considered molestation for a woman is different than for a man as a mother it is kind of accepted that at one time or another you are probably going to touch your child where it would seem inappropriate, so for a molester it is sort of the perfect cover. Also not to seem defensive but I don't know what is defined as sexual abuse, if an older sibling is playing with a younger sibling, especially roughhousing, a lot of times you could say that they were touched inappropriately and an overprotective parent might blow it out of proportion, but again I don't know. I personally believe that for crimes against children there should be extra harsh penalties, you destroy a life for its entire course and possibly a family.

Now some Questions.

Do you think that current education is adequate?(More)

Do you think current education is effective?(Better)

What kind of education did you get in this?

If you have children how do you educate them?

Do YOU think crimes against children should be punished more harshly?(These probably vary but I remember a case where a predator lured a 14 year old girl who was really a cop and got 6 months probation.I asked my dad (a cop) what the maximum sentence was and if I remember correctly he said 18 years jailtime. The DA has since stopped trying these cases in this county because he/we want harsher penalties. )

You don't have to answer these just a couple of things to think about.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Guest Mrmegakirby

I'll answer the questions later - but one in twenty men? I'm shocked, it can't be correct. 5%? Mabye 0.5, but even then...

Well, it depends how you define sexually abusing, I suppose.

I'll answer the questions later - but one in twenty men? I'm shocked, it can't be correct. 5%? Mabye 0.5, but even then...

Fact. 1 in 3 men is a rapist. Two out of three men are sexual perverts. The other man is actually a woman.

the_more_you_know.jpg

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I remember one of my mandatory early childhood friends (~age 6?) telling me about his mom being raped as a little girl. I don't think it mess- ....... Oh [cabbage]

Srsly thought:

[bleep] CENSORSHIP

I don't see why we can't tell little kids about rape :/ If people would stop being so [bleep]ing conservative we wouldn't have this problem.

Guest Mrmegakirby

Fact. 1 in 3 men is a rapist. Two out of three men are sexual perverts. The other man is actually a woman.

the_more_you_know.jpg

But, isn't that already 3/3?

Ohh, I see.

[bleep] CENSORSHIP

Oh the irony...