A question about a video card

spooferfish

My Fiancee's Dad suggested I get this video card:

http://www.amazon.com/EAH6670-DIS-1GD5-Radeon-GDDR5/dp/B004X8EODY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334980211&sr=1-1

It was the best one he could put in his computer without upgrading the power supply. Will this be ok with my power supply?

I could not find my computer specs.. Someone will have to tell me how to do that.

Windows 7.

35b9enp.jpg

Hey, that's the graphics card my computer uses :lol:

You can get most of your computer specs by running the direct x diagnostic program. Just hit the windows hey and type in dxdiag, and hit enter once its found it (or if your not win7, use the run program to open it).

Figureing out how much power you have to spare is tricky, because as far as I know computers don't track that. Normally you need to add up the power reqirements of everything in your computer. If you know roughly what your computer is made out of, you can use this online calculator to give you a rought estimate of how much power your computer uses. Sub in the part you want to add to get the power usage for your new build, and then look at your PSU to see if your computer is going to go kaput or not (should be written right on the PSU how much it can handle).