a scam.. sort of

upsilon5

after another trip around runescape, getting up my mage lvl i had went to varrock to buy some more air and mind runes to go (attempt) to kill scorpians and mine some iron, when i was pm'd saying "you have been reported of stealing 5 times" (or something like that). i noticed he had no namod crown at his name and his me was to origional :rs2 mod /then his name/

i had to log off now so i asked him a plain question:

1/i thought members had crowns beside their names?

he said he could take his off( :roll: ) im gussing this is false...

the computer i was using cant take screen shots (i have no idea why since i even checked the help menu and it told me the correct way)so i cant get any pics.

he said to me that he was going to scan my profile etc then shock!! he told me to be wary or something and didn't ask for my password

i had to log off and said by to him.

question: can mods remove their crown?

Every Player Moderator in RS2 has got silver crown next to his name. A player who claims he is a Player Moderator and he has got no crown must be a liar and I would report him under the Jagex (well, here P-Mod) Staff Impersonation.

Moderators cannot remove their crowns and NOONE (i repeat NOONE!) can ask you for your password because it is password scamming. Even if a P-mod or J-Mod (silver or gold crown) demands your password in game, you can report him under the rule password scamming (but i think it's not possible)