Animal testing - right or wrong?

monkeypie10

I diagree with it, and would like to find another way if possible, but there is not. So i have to grin and bear it really. But personally, we need us humans to become smart enough to know which chemicals are deadly, instead of testing every one we find in all sorts of combinations possible. Or we could try to mimic the animals reactions on a virtual model. although i suppose it would take years of research to do this.

But I must admit humans are pretty selfish and stupid. All we do is risk the lives of animals for our own needs. Even for cosmetics. and things like cats are smarter- they know how to hunt with what is naturally given to them. We however are so weak that we use weapons, which are a lot harder.

Some animals we do not need to test so much on. Did you know that in 2004 over 1 million rodents were used for testing? Thousands of dogs and hundreds of cats. in fact are most common relative- the primate- is used less that rodents.

Wow someone who finally see's things my way, heres a cookie (not tested on animals)
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perfectly fine with it.

So what if some rodents die from testing. If it betters ourselves as humans I'm all for it.

Exactly.

If people value animals more than other human beings, they need to be dragged into an alley and shot.

Why do people forget that animals would kill us the first chance they get?

So basicly a widdle wabbit (no im not gay) would kill you the 1st chance they get? and no-one tests on lions

Its basicly you two who need to be shot

Maybe not the rabbit, per se. And I've never said tests were done on lions.

Buddy, I don't think you understand. Humans > animals. We are the dominant race on this planet. Not them. We do with them however we please. If I want to wear fur. I want to wear it in peace. If I want to eat meat. I want to eat it in peace. If I want to conduct research that will save peoples lives. I want to do it in peace. I don't need people like you telling me what I'm doing is wrong. Get off your high horse.

Proud founder of the Myriad

So what if some rodents die from testing. If it betters ourselves as humans I'm all for it.

Exactly.

If people value animals more than other human beings, they need to be dragged into an alley and shot.

So basicly a widdle wabbit (no im not gay) would kill you the 1st chance they get? and no-one tests on lions

Its basicly you two who need to be shot

Maybe not the rabbit, per se. And I've never said tests were done on lions.

Buddy, I don't think you understand. Humans > animals. We are the dominant race on this planet. Not them. We do with them however we please. If I want to wear fur. I want to wear it in peace. If I want to eat meat. I want to eat it in peace. If I want to conduct research that will save peoples lives. I want to do it in peace. I don't need people like you telling me what I'm doing is wrong. Get off your high horse.

Some mod... heh what moron chose you to be a mod anyway

p.s i crashed hours ago :wink:

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Exactly.

What makes you say that? :shock: I'd argue that there is far more violent killing among humans than animals. At least they don't run around setting off bombs. Most animals only kill (or try to kill) if they're hunting or feel a threat to themselves or their babies.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Exactly.

What makes you say that? :shock: I'd argue that there is far more violent killing among humans than animals. At least they don't run around setting off bombs. Most animals only kill (or try to kill) if they're hunting or feel a threat to themselves or their babies.

Well, that's usually how it works. Animals kill anything that they deem that would be good to eat. And seeing as we're walking bags of meats... well...yeah. Granted the herbivores wouldn't kill us; I'll give you that.

As for the humans. Well... I can't lie. But humans are generally idiots. Humans run around placing bombs because that is what they believe is best for their family/nation/god. Animals kill to survive because it's their nature. They'd kill you if they're hungry enough regardless how obedient you think the animal may be. The diffrence between the two species is that one can surpress his/her instinct and one can't. Can you guess which?

Proud founder of the Myriad

Exactly.

Well, that's usually how it works. Animals kill anything that they deem that would be good to eat. And seeing as we're walking bags of meats... well...yeah. Granted the herbivores wouldn't kill us; I'll give you that.

As for the humans. Well... I can't lie. But humans are generally idiots. Humans run around placing bombs because that is what they believe is best for their family/nation/god. Animals kill to survive because it's their nature. They'd kill you if they're hungry enough regardless how obedient you think the animal may be. The diffrence between the two species is that one can surpress his/her instinct and one can't. Can you guess which?

In many cases, I don't think humans can 'suppress his/her instinct.' Sometimes it's exemplified in slightly different scenarios (like people who just fight to survive in the business world because they can't stand the thought of losing, or being brought down), but sometimes it's not. There are some serial killers out there (usually the ones who are tested to be "mentally unstable") who just can't put aside their desire to kill. Or even just when people say things like, "I'm sorry I did that, I wasn't thinking." I'd argue that they did it out of sheer instinct, above all things. The human and animal races are both very different, and we have to accept that. But I certainly don't think that someone who has different view should be, "dragged into an alley and shot." That seems like a very inappropriate way to "deal with people" who hold significantly different views and opinions than yourself.

All and all, I disagree with your views and you disagree with mine. I think we should leave our differences at that :P We've gotten pretty far off from animal testing already, lol.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog