Legend of Zelda, Time's Requiem-ended

Xewleer

Greetings Fellow writers! this is my sad contribution to the Zelda series. This is the tale of the first Link's death. We know that the first Link was the Hero of Time (ocarina of Time and Majora's mask) and died before he could produce either 1. a suitable heir to his blade old enough to master it before he died. (we know at least, Zelda married, otherwise the Kings/Queens of Hyrule wouldn't exist now would they?) or 2. a heir to his blade at all. I am going to assume 1.

As such, this will be highly fictionalized, and not canon to the Zelda universe. Though it pretty well could be. We'll see the sages, an appearance of Ganon, how Link (O.O.T. remember, not Twilight Princess or Wind Waker) lost an eye (take a look at the wolf and hero in the Hidden techniques teaching mini quest. I believe it is his right, both in wolf and human skeleton form is missing) and how he eventually, prematurely dies. The goddesses shall also appear, and why the Triforce of Courage continually finds new owners will be apparent. Also, why Ganondorf made such a change from being completely evil in OOT to being slightly less evil and very Philosophical in Wind Waker. Which I consider the next one with any in depth Ganon action.

Also, I will be exaggerating certain aspects, so certain fans (you know who we are) will excuse my author's license. However, I will hold true to as much of the Zelda Universe as is possible/I remember.

So without further waffling... mmmm... waffles... Legend of Zelda, Time's requiem.

Time is eternal, or so some say. But heroes transcend time and become legend, this is the story of the greatest legend that existed to Hyrule. He was the greatest swordsman in all the lands, he had set the land at peace. Growing up after he had destroyed Ganon under the tutorship of Impa, he remained hidden, and traveling, while he slept in the Temple of Time, awaiting the age to be able to fight and destroy Ganondorf, then self styled King of Hyrule (and soon to be the world, if his designs were realized) But he defeated him, and Zelda sent him back to his time, to grow into a stronger man than before.

Ganon was defeated. He was sealed by the sages. He was locked away for eternity, or so they thought. He was not able to move, or even speak, but he sent his thought out to such minions and creatures he could sway. And he gathered an army.

"Link! we need your help!" Zelda contacted him telepathically. "Ganon has somehow mobilized an army, they're marching on the temple, I'm teleporting you here now."

Link arrived on the battlement, looking over the approaching army.

"All things are prepared. Lord Link... sorry, Link. I hope you will have a plan... Of course."

Link turned from the soldier, merely nodding at what the soldier said. They knew their work. He was a soldier, not a leader as they would have. The sword he was given, in his travels, felt new and strong. Longer than the master sword, with a similar shape, its biggest difference was the hilt, darker color than blue, somewhat between black and brown, and more rectangular. He looked back at the approaching army. One of them stood on a rock and brazenly stared back at him. Dark Link! Shadow Link! Evil Link! He had thought him destroyed. But he couldn't just go charging in after his evil self, Zelda wouldn't approve...

As if queued Zelda appeared, putting a hand on Link. "They came without warning. Dekus and Moblins from Lost Woods... Fire Dancers from the Goron mountain... the list goes on for a long way. I need you to fight for me. They sent out a challenge, to come out and fight... we won't do it, but they have Lon lon Ranch and a lot of other places under their control. We need you to fight for us and defeat their champion. Please, I know you seem to save us all, but please, continue to help us!" She squeezed his shoulder lightly and he nodded. He was not cocky, but he knew he could defeat anything that would possibly come out. Besides, Zelda asked him nicely, he couldn't do otherwise.

She turned and walked away, then, faced him. "Please delay them long enough for the sages to figure something out... Link... ... nothing..."

He went out at the appointed time and was surprised by the legendary swordsman/teacher of Clock Town, who taught him a few moves during his sojourn there.

"Heh! Didn't expect to see me. Before you say anything (if you ever do) I would like to say... DIE!!!" A great scimitar, similar in build to the Gerudo weapon, except, perhaps, four times bigger, appeared in his hands and he swung it at Link. Link clashed with him over and other, until they both were bloody and cut up. "I see I taught you too well, who else has taught you? ... Fine!" He attacked once more. Link met his attack, and he was knocked down. "I say it again! DIE!" He stabbed the blade down, but Link was quick and he stabbed his sword into the man, striking him through the arm and neck, killing him.

The sword was stopped, but the grip loosened, and the blade pierced his right eye as he tossed the carcass off. Getting up, he used his sword as a cane, he limped into the castle and collapsed into the arms of Zelda, who gently let him down and cleaned his eye while the medics rushed from their positions.

Crying, she thought him dead, or near to it. "Link! Please! Forgive me, I did not think... I ... You... I did not think you could have had this happen... Why would the goddesses allow this? I ... I thank... I think... I love you! Please! forgive me for sending you out there!" She stopped crying when Link, who was only momentarily blinded gently held her hand in his and smiled. The medics and doctors came and took him away. He had other wounds than his eye to be attended to.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Oh, so sad. However, short and good. It makes sense. However confusing to the fact that he was lost in the woods leading to clock town...Guess he got back. :P

Hope it's not over. If it is, I like it. It may be short, but it's good nevertheless. ::'

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Zelda was sitting next to Link as the battle rage. He was attempting to get his aim back. Zelda just sat there, watching him. After failing to destroy the target yet again, Link brought his sword out and used Jump strike on it. He shook his head, no more adventuring for him, if he can't even use a Hookshot. He sat down by Zelda and let her lean her head on his shoulder. A messenger ran up and delivered his report.

"Milady! I bring news from the sages. They have tightened their seal on Ganon and he can no longer communicate, or even see, into this world. But he was able to send out a powerful spirit clone, as the sages tightened the seal, they had to loosen it a tiny bit. That is all, I take my leave."

Another messenger came up, close on the heels of the second.

"Milady, Lord Link... sorry, Link, the enemy is falling apart, they are destroying each other! A core group is retreating, we are making efforts to track them. It is a glorious day for Hyrule!"

Zelda got up, brushing herself down, she helped Link get up and they started to walk toward the walls. Looking over, they saw the field strewn with the bodies of their enemies, and very few of the soldiers. Zelda looked at him.

"We won, yet again. Why don't you actually relax... and maybe marry me, since it seems that you don't want to say anything toward or against it!" Link blushed, then nodded.

*A random amount of years later, more than 5 years later*

"My Queen! Ganon's come back!"

"What! ugh... shouldn't have jumped up like that..."

Link put a hand on her shoulder, allowing himself to caress her stomach, where their child was. He then waved the messenger out, and followed.

"Lord Link... sorry, again, Link, the sages say that when Ganon was able to mass that army, some years back, that his spirit was able to escape, and, taking a human form, was able to gather an army yet again, a shadow is his second in command. They will be here tomorrow already. The elder King of Hyrule has already made preparations... if you would only lead us..."

Link nodded, still not speaking. The King of Hyrule, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, once retired, now acting as king of Hyrule, he was an ancient man, even then, by some strange magic, the three goddesses cursed him to see the end of Hyrule, but blessed him that he would help in its revival.

"Link! Finally, I was looking for you. I need you to lead our troops you are the only proper soldier among them, you need to do this. Your accident all those years ago has only increased you sword skills, please do this, if not for Hyrule, then Zelda, and your heir."

Link merely nodded then looked out. The chill he felt was thought then a bad omen, but he ignored it. He had been given one more quest.

Tomorrow arrived. Ganon's army had already assembled.

The battle was exceedingly fierce, neither could give quarter or ground. Link was what gave the day to the Hylians. Ganon's new army retreated into Gerudo Fortress. Link, driven on by some inner demon, charged the fortress with a few of the royal guard. Gerudo and monster fell alike before him. Then, finally, after defeating several iron knuckles, he finally came to the keep of Ganon.

Ganon was ethereal, not fully visible, yet, Link was able to see him clearly. "I have been waiting for you, supposed hero of time, to kill you for what you did to me! I will send your soul to the nether world! Haaaaaahhh!!!"

Ganon charged his hand and fired an energy ball toward Link. Link tried to slash it back but the energy went right through his sword and exploded on his chest, sending him flying back, mortally wounded. Ganon leaped down from his pedestal and picked Link up by his collar. "With the Triforce of Courage, and soon the Triforce of Wisdom, I shall become more solid, and more powerful than ever before!"

He started to extract the Triforce of Courage from Link, but something started to happen to him. Because his physical form was sealed, as he was turning into real matter, he was being sent back into his original body. The Triforce of Courage glowed and Ganon's spirit was incinerated by the laws of reality.

Link fell to the floor, mortally wounded. The Trifore of Courage, no longer attached to his body, disappeared and slowly, Link felt his life fall away.

"Awaken, original hero! Your services will be needed! AWAKEN!"

Link woke up with a start. He was standing in darkness. A single beam of light shone through the floor and Link looked through it. He saw a child running around, and then Zelda, and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, in Kakariko Graveyard. Zelda called the boy over and they looked at the slightly ornate tomb, beginning to be covered in ivy, but was adorned with a picture of a giant pig being killed by a hero, with a pointy hat and sword...

"Yes, that is you, 5 years in the future."

Link suddenly became aware of himself. He was wearing his ceremonial armor, with a shield and his sword at his side. No hat, but he realized his child had been wearing that. He finally looked to where the voice had come from.

"I am Farore, goddess of Courage, and you, brave one, has been called back to assist a future hero, who will cleanse the world of Ganon for a time. You realize that you can never go back in your normal form. So I will give you the form of the wolf for this purpose."

Link looked at her wordlessly. "I shall leave you be, there are many rooms, for those who are sealed cannot leave their place, but you may come and go as you please, and look out into the real world."

Link watched as the seasons changed and all he knew, except Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, became old and died. Then he met Ganondorf.

"Hah! You died! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! heh heh... what an amazing turn of events! my spirit killed you! Ah... But no matter, you shall return, as will I. The Triforce of Power allows this. Would you hear my thoughts? Lonely one, as I tell you what I now think? That killing is a necessity, but only for those who need to be killed. I now realize that your death was a necessity required by the Goddesses, as well as I being sealed away. To keep the people of Hyrule from forgetting the Goddesses. Our existences forever entwined, me, and your descendants."

Link merely sat there, looking at the Gerudo. Link had found himself talking to Ganondorf more and more, there was absolutely no one else, and he was lonely. Time was slow in the netherworld and all his family had scattered, and none of his descendants, or friends who yet survived interested him.

Eventually, Ganondorf broke free, and the goddesses appeared, and drowned Hyrule. Link still waited, alone this time, for the decades.

Until a hero, worthy of his name and skill appeared, and he taught the skills he had been unable to pass on, and finally, he rested in peace.

----------------------

Thats the end, my next posts will be a couple theories I have about the Zelda universe as a whole.