MAC -> PC Images...

Lep

I used my MP3 Player today to copy and paste 3 images from the shools MAC computer to my MP3 Player. When I got home and tried to open those files on my PC none of my image programs could do it, and nothing I could find on the internet could either. The images also say that they are Jpegs.

I really need these images, so could someone please help? :(

JPEGs should be completely cross-platform files. It sounds like your images are corrupt, and if they work on the Mac it's probably the MP3 player that corrupted them.

A lot of MP3 players will compress files, sometimes into their own custom formats, before storing them on their drives. Make sure your player allows for transfer of image files, and also make sure you're using the player's program to transfer the files to and from the computer.

I'd suggest using some sort of jump drive for copying files. Most MP3 players were only made to store sound files.

• 1 month later...

if your mp3 player is an ipod, you need to open itunes on your school computer and connect your ipod. Select your ipod under the "devices" menu on the left side of itunes. once on that screen, you need to check the "enable disc use" button. that opens up your ipod to basically becoming a big flash drive. one that is working just open finder and your ipod should appear as an external hard drive, in which case you just throw your pictures into there. then connect to your PC. it will ask you to reformat your ipod or whatever and just ignore that. Go to wherever it is that you access hard drives on your PC and pull the files off your ipod. they should work. this whole process might only work for ipod videos, though, im not sure about nanos and the like. i hope this helped, and/or made sense at all

99hunt_noobs.png

I had the same problem - I could view the image in firefox. When I tried to look at it in internet explorer, photoshop, imageviewer, paint, ect it was botched.

Basically the file was corrupted (it had been compressed incorrectly, and only about half the actual file remained in tact) but it was strange that I could still view it in FF. Meh.