Magician Xy's Quest to 99 Cooking/Fishing

I, the great and almighty Magician Xy, have decided to increase my magic level from the pitifully low level that it currently is. As a magician, I feel particularly embarassed that my magic level does not even feature in the high scores, despite the fact that it is level 43.

However, though my strength is mighty, my wealth is waning. I have a mere 400k in my bank to spend on the runes required to raise my level. That will get me to level... Oh, I don't know... 50, if I'm lucky?

No, that is not nearly enough for me to be able to (in good conscience) call myself a spellcaster. And so, to achieve the quantity of wealth that I desire, I shall begin my quest for level 99 fishing and cooking... by fishing lobsters and cooking them, then selling them to PKers for a very nifty profit.

As I am F2P, I will be fishing at the only available F2P spot for lobsters: Karamja. Then, when my inventory is full, I will teleport away (probably to Lumbridge, though the best city is still being thought about... maybe Falador is better?)

Now, the cost of this adventure will be enormous. I have calculated the what the profits should be, what the fees will be, and even how many trips to Karamja I will need to make. I will be updating this figures regularly, so that they are consistant with the amount of progress I've made.

So, let's see the mathematical procedures I've gone through to determine these sums, no?

These are my starting stats in these two skills:

Fishing Level: 57

Cooking Level: 59

Lobsters Needed until Level 99: 142,375

Lobster to Cook until Level 99: 106,441

Total Fishing Trips still Needed: 5933

Total Profits: (142,375 lobsters needed X 120 gp per lobster) - (5933 trips X 300 per law rune) - (5933 trips X 30 gp per trip) = 15,127,110 gp

This equation assumes I can buy laws for 300 each, and that I can sell cooked lobster for 120 each. Remember that it costs 30 coins to sail to and from Karamja.

Well, that's the introduction... Now for the updates!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status: updated MANUALLY so that it's not like a dynamic sig

Last updated: April 6, 2007

Current Fishing Level: 60

Current Cooking Level: 61

Lobsters Needed until Level 99: 141,764

Lobster to Cook until Level 99: 105,321

Total Fishing Trips still Needed: 5907

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots of interesting occurances during my quest:

lvl60fishingnr2.png

Well, I'm at level 60 fishing now. Only 39 levels to go! :roll:

lvl61cookingns5.png

Level 61 cooking! w00t!!!

teleportaionrandomeventnr2.png

If I've got to make 5000 more trips, I expect to be getting a lot more of these randoms...

stoolvz8.png

Um... Yeah... I'd rather not. (For those of you who don't know, stool is the scientific name for brown human waste.)

Random Events So Far:

Drill Demon: 0

Mime: 0

Mysterious Old Man: 0

Sandwich Lady: 0

Swarm: 0

Teleportation Matrix: 2

Frogs: 0 (By the way, is it just me, or do the frogs appear less now than they did a year ago?)

Drunken Dwarf: 1

Other: 0

Random Thoughts by Magician Xy:

- There are tons of macros everywhere when I'm fishing. They disgust me, but only if they are autoing the fishing process. (You know, fishing while the actual player is outside playing basketball or whatever.) People who auto-talk don't bother me at all... It is pretty annoying to have to type "green: wave2: Selling lobbies!" every ten seconds. So my question is... are auto-talkers as bad as other types of macros, or are they tolerable?

- Does Jagex ever check these forums for ideas? There are so many amazing ideas posted here (new bank layout, this year's Easter event, etc.). Jagex should try to implement some of these ideas into their game; after all, their customers are the ones who are thinking up what they want in the game. It would be silly businesswise to ignore them.

- Just a random bit of info I recently found out: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words. Hehe, somebody had fun coming up with that word :P

- Wow! This year's Easter rewards are great! I especially like the chicken feet. It looks like I've got claws :twisted:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions? Comments? Want to hang out and fish/cook with me? PM me in game or post here. Intelligent conversation is always enjoyed!

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Oh, no, that's where you're wrong. It may take almost forever, but it definitely won't be impossible. I really want the fishing skill cape anyway, so meh on you. :wink:

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

They are? Curses! I knew I couldn't get the fishing cape because you can only buy it in a member's world, but what about the head chef in the cooking guild for the cooking skill cape?

Are skill capes only members? I really hope not :pray: =D>

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!