Genie/other randoms cause you to drop your items?

EugenyG

I read on rs wiki that failing to answer genie will sometimes cause you to have all your items on ground! Is this true?

I spend a lot of time merchanting, and have to browse RS marketplace forums while being in game. I sometimes have 50+ mil worth of stuff in my inventory.

I cannot put it in bank because it would make trading too slow to be practical.

I cannot log off every time I search the forums, because they run by so fast its almost like a chat, so same reason as above.

So could it happen to me that I look away for 30 secs and find myself losing all my inventory?

Or are there any particular cases where genie appears? Does he only appear when you train a skill or mine items, or just when you walk around its enough to happen?

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Never seen it, out of quite a few I've watched, the failures have all been tele-away - not sure if the items get scattered at the other end, perhaps.

One word of warning to repeat... the old dodge of dropping items, getting a free noting service from the certers (Miles, Niles, Giles) and then picking up, will now leave you high and dry, as they now teleport you.