The Contamination: A New Beginning

Fist_of_ozzy

A Breif Synopsis:

Present RS time, the village of Sophanem (The very deep south in the desert)

6g8lv6r.jpg

Which is located here.

Is currently struggling with a massive deadly plague that has been going on for over 1 year.

The main village of the desert is Al Kharid, which manages most of the desert towns with its resources, finacial aids, troops, etc.

When the plague started to develop, Al Kharid immeaditly decided to send some troops and medical doctors to secure this problem. Each day grew longer trying to find a cure for this plague as bandits raided the cities while it was it its weak point.

After months of dealing with losing many troops and doctors, Al Kharid decided to pull out of Sophanem and return home.

Many people of sophanem have lost their lives and the city has almost fallen apart due to the massive increase of deaths.

Two weeks ago, Lumbridge recieved a letter from Al Kharid stating Sophanem was needed for secruity beacuse of all the bandit raiding.

Six days later, Lumbridge answered their call and sent 1,000 good arms into the desert to protect the village.

But, they we're not prepared for what was too happen.....

Prologue I: The Anonymous soilder

I held my crossbow tight as i watched more of my freinds fall to death. The bandits we're everywhere surrounding us from the city walls. One of the men was comming at me screaming at the top of his lungs, it was fixed when i pierced him there with an arrow. Dead men fall to the ground softly on the sand waiting for death to take them away.

"We've lost this, Pull Back!"

Our general had known we would lose against the bandits, their number was increasing as they day grew, striking the village when it was weak for its gold. We ran long and hard for quite some time when we started to die. Men falling down in every direction made me start to think i was lucky to be alive. Damn the desert is hot! My armour made my body temperature 25 degrees hotter. If you were to touch it, it would burn your skin off.

I tripped and fell into the sand, losing my crossbow. The bandits came towards me and our men kept running. One was comming towards me, he didn't stand a chance against my dagger which took his life. I stood up and felt the immense pain of a sword through my body. I already knew this was over. I watched the man pull away the sword from my stomach as i fell on the sand hanging on to him trying to pull him down with me.

He let me drop and he quickly ran away. I layed on the ground staring at the sun twitching on the sand. My blood stained my armour and my shirt as i tried not too look at it. I was dying and this was natures way of telling me. I started too close my eyes and wait for the pain to go away, as i bled to death.

Damn the desert is hot.....

DaBulls.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Chapter I: March Of the Great.

Passing through Al Kharid was th easy part. Now, we take a long walk south. One-Thousand men marching in the desert with thick heavy armour on. We had fast reloading crossbows in our hands, swords to our sides, A dagger placed on the side of our steel shoe, and giant back-packs with food, canteens, sleeping bag, etc. As you can tell, this is not going to be an easy trip.

The name is Private Adam Sheik.

I have served in the Lumbridge Millitary for almost one year now, and it's the most action we've seen in years. Our Duke (our king) Decided to reinforce sophanem with a tenth of our full millitary service. Becoming a soilder wasn't easy. It takes Five months of training, and One month of a Survival Task. My survival task was to simply watch a Goblin camp, suspicouis of making enemy movements. Learning how to kill with a crossbow and attack with a sword at once, was horrifying. This is why we're the elite millitary.

Although, Disembarding the fact that Varrok and Lumbridge have the Greatest Numbered troops, and they are allied. Lumbridge Stands alone among the humans, and it has remained since our nations were formed. Anyway, I am excited for this new age. Lumbridge has the most skilled medical field and advances of the east. A few Medical Doctors are marching with us also.

This Plague is causing alot of trouble in sophanem. It is the largest city of the south, and If it falls, well...Let's just hope it doesn't. A few days ago, Most of the squad that was before us, were slaughtered by the bandits. We have no offical news of survivors. When we got to the shanty pass, Shanty, the man who owns the land, Tried to charge us for each soilder going through the gate. Approximetely 987 Soilders, 6 Medical doctors, and 1 Very angry captain. 5 gold for each person. Our captain nearly broke shanty's hand.

"We ain't doin' this for you, you little pathetic rat. Chargin' us for helping your land survive? Why I oughta break you in half where you stand!"

Out of fear, shanty let us all go for free. We we're now somewhere near Pollniveach and night was almost near. Luckily, we left at dusk, to escape the heat of the desert.

Night Drew quickly, as we settled at Pollinveach. They welcomed us, and we drank and sang songs all night. I looked at the stars as I layed on my sleeping bag.

"Find something interesting private?" The captain's voice said. I scrambled as quickly as I could and soluted.

"Captain Philip! I mean sir, I mean..."

"Ah save it soilder! You're in no trouble. We're not on duty."

What a relief!

He sat down on the sand next to me. Captain Philip had much military expereince. He was in his early fifties, and his short black hair was starting to turn gray. His face, starting to wrinkle.

"The Stars are beautiful." He said.

"Yes, they are." I replied.

He looked at me and said "Why aren't you in there drinking like the rest of us?"

"Oh... I'm uh... Not much of a uh Drinker." I said nervously.

He shurgged his shoulders and stood up.

"Come Prviate. Let's take a walk."

We started walking down the city's dirt roads as he asked me varouis questions, as I nervously asked them.

"What's your name private?" he asked me.

"Adam, Sir. Adam Sheik."

"Adam," He said quietly to himself.

"That's a nice name."

"Thank you, I was named after my grandfather." I said.

We continued to walk with our hands behind our backs. He turned to me.

"What do you think will be the outcome of this crisis?" He asked.

It took me awhile before I came up with a response.

"Well, I think that we will ah...Provide secruity in our efforts to defend the people of Sophanem while the medical experts can try to uh, Solve the problem and cure this plague."

He nodded his head.

I didn't understand why I was still so nervous around our captain. Not considering the fact he was 6'4 and Could rip a man apart with his bare hands.

He patted me on the back and said

"Get some shut eye solider. Tomorro is a big day."

He started to walk back to the bar yelling "Alright all you drunken Idiot's. Let's hit the sack!"

I walked back to my bag and began too stare at the stars. Hopefully, Tomorro, We will get to see some action.

DaBulls.jpg