Weapon & armour set-up

Jasquith

I've been trying to find the best weapon & armour set up for general melee use, nothing specific. I would love some opinions on my thoughts (I'm ignoring barrows due to the repair costs):

Helm: Dragon med (Someone plz tell me theres something better!)

Cape: Obby (It's unrealistic for me to get a fire cape at the mo)

Ammy: Fury

Weapon: D B axe or whip? (or is there anything better?) Why are whips so popular? On paper they dont seem amazing but loads of ppl swear by them...

Body: Dragon chain

Shield: Dragon square

Legs: Dragon skirt or dragon legs? (my character is male but the huge price difference makes me think that the skirt's a better idea)or something completely different?

Gloves: barrows from RFD

Boots: Rune

Ring: Warrior ring?

Now I've read back through that, theres a lot of dragon stuff in there- am I going the right/ wrong way about this? Btw, I'm trying to ignore 2 handed weapons as I like having a shield with me!

Approx price ranges would be nice for any suggestions too!

well for general melee use your set up is fine. But thats realy generaly speaking. There are many monsters in runescape with many differnt tipes of attacks and weakneses and i cant give you any suggestions if you arent a bit more exact on what your killing.

Btw whips are popular because of their accuracy, speed (as fast as daggers) and decent str bonus. These days their price is so low everybody can afford them so if you have a d chain you shuld buy a whip to (although you cant train str with it)

As for the barrows, i cnat see why u wuldnt use them. You have to repair them every 12 hours of constant fighting (more than a week for me) and repair costs 350k (or so). This might be expensive, but when it comes to guthans its worth it. you can use it in combination with your normal armour (use it when you have low hp) nad save yourself a fortune you wuld spend on food. This comes extremly handy when doing slayer tasks or killing tzhaars. It costs 8.1 btw

Hope i helped

Nejc_666.gif

Click here for my blog <----MY BLOG

nejc_666.png

it all sounds good. i would go with the whip personally it is much faster than a d b-ax and hit high. But all of this is going to be very expensive. I'm not good with prices but i'm thinking around 10mil.

hope this helps!

~blue~

barrowsmvoidk,Blue%20Leader9.gif

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

Wearing? Did you selotape the axe on your chest? :lol: