Account Security - Passwords

Recently Jagex has made changes to the Runescape game applet to block users from making numerous login attempts when trying to crack user passwords.

Unfortunately this has forced the script kiddies to try and turn their password crackers onto fansites in an attempt to catch users who use the same username and password for multiple sites, as well as the game.

I'd like to assure you that on top of the existing login prevention methods , additional measures have been taken and any person and/or script trying to repeatedly hit our login system with multiple login attempts will be blocked and locked out.

Unfortunately this also means that if you happen to forget your password and enter it wrong too many times, you will also lock yourself out of the login form for a short period of time, so do not try to guess, use the forgot password link to reset your password using your email address.

Forum Staff CANNOT undo this process, not even the Administrators, can unlock a disabled address .... you'll just have to wait and the more you try , the longer it will take.

Don't forget , although security measures are in place here, they may not be everywhere, so you should NEVER use the same password on multiple sites/games.

Also , since password crackers use a list of common words and phrases, always try to choose a password that is complex, using a combination of letters and numbers, and symbols if possible.

Thanks to the users who brought this to my attention and thanks for using Tip.it :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear