the ideal guthans merchanting circle

fmv_hero

a "fantasy" barrows merchanting guide

'note' fantasy meaning that it is highly improbable for this to happen due to the instability of the rs market.

'note' this is just a concept. i will treat everything in this article as if it were truth, i am prepared for someone to refute it though.

Contents

[*:2uibejlv]Introduction

[*:2uibejlv]The merchant circle

[*:2uibejlv]Piece Buyers

[*:2uibejlv]

I have no life. well, i HAD no life..

after i learned how to merch guthans i played pretty much all day,staying up to about 3 in the morning too.

this way i made alot of mistakes, but i earned my first 20mil in a week, starting from 2mil.

anyone could do this, most people even better than me if they did the same

so i can't take any credit, it only means i'm a loser and should get some real friends.

I have done my best to examine the economy and see how far it can be manipulated. which, by the way isn't very far.

a concept came to mind, everyone works in an circle, playing roles to fit someone elses, or their needs.

these people work in 5 major groups of people, the roles are very flexible and interchangeable.

A. the barrows runners/people who no longer need whatever set of barrows... the suppliers or SPs

B. the people who buy those items for a relatively cheap (but not too cheap) price... the piece merchants or PMs

C. the people who buy those pieces for a slightly higher price... the set buyers, or SBs

D. the people who buy those sets for abit less than they would sell and sell to the 5th group, the consumers... these are called the SS or set sellers

E. the consumers buy the sets and walk away nice and fast.

A. suppliers

The suppliers win, because they dont have to wait around and sell. they can quickly get back to whatever they were doing

OR they win if they sell for more expensive, someone might only want one piece of guthans to finish their set,

there'd always be someone who wants to buy quickly to go tzhaar killing, or get their fire cape etc.

B. piece merchants

these merchants win, they can buy the pieces from the suppliers for cheap, they sell the pieces to people who buy full sets.

they can keep a steady stream going. not to say that these piece merchants cant sell the full sets themselves, but every once in a while

i notice people who would buy plates and skirts for 350k each and sell for 800k. here is an example of the merchant circle, with general prices on items.

a set sells for 7.1mil

from the bottom the PMs buy from the SPs the plates and skirts for 350k each

they can sell these as a skirt and plate set to the SBs for 800k

they spent 700k each set

there, 100k profit.

C. Set Buyers

the SBs buy the sets for 800k and buy helmet from whoever is selling for 1.5m

they buy the spears for 4.6m and sell as a set to the SS for 7m

they spent 6.9m on the full set

there, 100k profit.

D. Set Sellers

the SS buy the sets for 7m and sell to the consumer for 7.1m

spent 7m

there, 100k profit.

this flows very smoothly, because in this fantasy world, each type of merchant has a different amount of general cash.

the pms have little, they buy 1 set at a time, then eventually 2, then 3, etc.

they eventually make enough money to buy a set, and sell it to the ss, so they can quickly buy another set, and keep moving up.

until they make enough cash to buy a few sets and sell to the consumers.

But because the roles are flexible, some may become set buyers if they just choose to purchase everything at minimum price. and others can sell individual pieces, like the helmet or spear,

for more to the consumer or to another merchant.

this is the ideal way for things to work.

but because of changing demands for items, impatience, competitive profiting, greed, etc. things will not work this way.

if people offer you items, CHECK YOUR SOURCES. even if it looks good, don't take it if you are unsure of the price.

there is a problem though, i have yet to find a constantly updated item database.

the most reliable i can think of currently is zybez, runehq is very outdated, for instance they have the GSB or godsword blade up at 6.0 to 9.0m, it is around 3.9 to 4.1.

common item trades are godswords, they are worth about 3.9m last time i checked,

i constantly get offered these in trades, sometimes for a spear, sometimes for the whole set.

also i get offered items that i know the value of, if it adds up to what you're selling then accept at your discretion.

but remember that you will just have to spend some time selling that item.

once i was offered 16 dds' for something, along with cash. after subtracting the cash from what i was asking

i found that the ddses amounted to 5k below average buying price each.

yes, it was only 80k total that i could sell them for, but every little bit helps.

soooo... i decided to take the ddses to the best place possible to sell them, world 12 al-kharid duel arena.

you can sell the ddses to bloodthirsty duellers for 45k very easily. i asked for 50k and was offered 45k often, but i sold a few for 50k.

alltogether i earned easily 100k, no sweat.

lesson learned, if it's profitable, take every opportunity.

it may seem trifle, but if you get a chance to take a small profit 4 times every half hour, it adds up.

you may only get one large profit opportunity every half hour.

manipulating the market.

this will more than likely NOT WORK, it has about a 10% probability of working.

so please don't flame if it doesn't work for you.

you are amidst merchants selling full sets, there are people buying full sets for 6.9-7m.

you want to sell for 7.1 like most of the other merchants.

selling for 7.3 might encourage the other sellers to sell abit higher, like 7.2.

it doesnt matter that they're still selling lower than you, because when everyone's selling 7.2, the people buying for 6.9 might raise their asking price to 7.1.

what you were looking for in the first place!

this is alot easier if there are other smart merchants out there who notice this.

if you see someone selling for higher, like 7.4, join in! but sometimes people try to take this too far by selling for something ridiculous like 8m.

*under construction*

comments please :)

sry i died and lost some stuff so i might not fix this up for awhile...

1-3.jpg

A "fantasy" based guide is not what this place is for.

However you may repost it in Help & Advice, or Varrock Library (for fiction).

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?