ideas for MY new cp

bubbasider

ok, my family has 1 cp in the house and we use aol.... :oops: :cry: yes feel bad for me plz..... well i was tlaking to my friend about aol and other things and he said that aol screws up your cp...go figure thats why this cp sucks.....well for my b-day my dad is gonna buy me a new cp! wo hoo yay.... probably a dell or sumtin BUT!!!!!....i told him i WILL NOT let him put aol on my computer....and i dont know what to get??? such as get a direct conection to I.E. so i can just clikc it open? or use firefox?? but the thing about firefox is ive never really heard of it and dont know much about it.... so should i get i e? firefox? something else i dont know? or force my dad to get roadrunner??? lol thanx for your time guys

bubba

p.s. my cp is mainly going to be for runescape/diablo2/ :twisted: GAMES :twisted: so its going to be good graphics and sound computer built for games.....one more thing....how do i make it realy realy really really really fast?? such as about .1% lag when playing runescape? plus having a lot of stuff open lol??? thanx for your time once again

I Frug I (35)

Always looking for friends.

ok, my family has 1 cp in the house and we use aol.... :oops: :cry: yes feel bad for me plz..... well i was tlaking to my friend about aol and other things and he said that aol screws up your cp...go figure thats why this cp sucks.....well for my b-day my dad is gonna buy me a new cp! wo hoo yay.... probably a dell or sumtin BUT!!!!!....i told him i WILL NOT let him put aol on my computer....and i dont know what to get??? such as get a direct conection to I.E. so i can just clikc it open? or use firefox?? but the thing about firefox is ive never really heard of it and dont know much about it.... so should i get i e? firefox? something else i dont know? or force my dad to get roadrunner??? lol thanx for your time guys

bubba

p.s. my cp is mainly going to be for runescape/diablo2/ :twisted: GAMES :twisted: so its going to be good graphics and sound computer built for games.....one more thing....how do i make it realy realy really really really fast?? such as about .1% lag when playing runescape? plus having a lot of stuff open lol??? thanx for your time once again

Lol, AOL screwing up your computer? You're friends are very uninformed. It won't do anything to it, unless you go to a bad web site and get spyware, which can happen with any browser. If you can, try and get at least DSL, if not a cable connection.

Oh, and by the way, most people say pc, not cp, just so you know and don't sound like a moron.

AOL is an Internet Service Provider, but they additionally supply you with a browser, also called AOL.

Change your ISP to another company, AOL is slow and provides poor service. However, it doesn't (to my knowledge) 'screw up your pc.'

A web browser is a program which allows you to access websites. If you're using a Windows PC (chances are you are,) then you already have Internet Explorer, it comes free with windows. However, it is an extremely insecure browser, and surfing the web with it will 'screw up your pc.' For this reason, I suggest you use Firefox instead, it's fast, easy to use and secure.

You can download Firefox from http://getfirefox.com

Yes IE would be safe, if you only ever used http://www.runescape.com - because we know that Jagexis a trusted company.

But we know that you don't only go to runescape.com, you also go to this forum, and I daresay other websites too.

It just so happens that browsing this website in IE downloads and installs some bad software onto your computer. The admins are doing there best to change this, but in the meantime, Firefox users are not affected.

Yes IE would be safe, if you only ever used http://www.runescape.com - because we know that Jagexis a trusted company.

But we know that you don't only go to runescape.com, you also go to this forum, and I daresay other websites too.

It just so happens that browsing this website in IE downloads and installs some bad software onto your computer. The admins are doing there best to change this, but in the meantime, Firefox users are not affected.

I'll just add a note there in Internet Explorer's defense. It isn't a "security issue" with Internet Explorer that causes malware to be installed, but a lack of security settings being applied by the user.

ahhhn ok....so if i use IE then i just have to make it very secure and block most stuff....cool

Yes, securing Internet Explorer is a must. It as open-ended features like Active-X that other browsers dare not touch. Unfortunately Microsoft weren't very user-friendly with the implementation of it, its not even secured tightly by default in XP SP2.

I gave someone else some suggestions for putting down some groundwork security on Internet Explorer in this thread, http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=229910

If you feel that you can't secure your browser effectively then Firefox would be a great alternative, it is secure from the default installation and has a good pop-up blocker also.

If you are determined to use Internet Explorer (the Runescape client download uses Internet Explorer), then I would strongly suggest that you download Spybot: Search and Destroy version 1.3 and install it. When installing it make sure you tick the check box's to install the Resident ID Sheild and also the Real-time registry watcher, TeaTimer. These two tools are great for Internet Explorer's uses because it stop's any unsecure website's from changing your Internet Explorer settings or editing your registry.

Let me know how you go.

just to recap and add

use firefox very protective well more the IE http://www.getfirefox.com

also try and get these:

spybot searh & destroy (free)

nortan anti-virus

zonealarm (free)

ad-aware (free)

and theres one more i can't think of

and try and get bigpond broadband or an equivalent broadband connection to really reduce lag!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D