Would this be a good gaming laptop?

Guest Double_Edged

Guest Double_Edged

Uh here

Case ( Battalion-101 E-Turbo Series 15.0" SXGA+ 1400x1050 LCD TFT Notebook w/Li-Ion Battery, Universal AC Power Adapter Original Metallic Silver/Black 2-Tone Color )

Flash Media Reader/Writer ( Build-in 3-in-i Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook] )

Extras ( [black] Targus Deluxe Carrying Case(fits upto 15" screen; model#CN01v3) )

Extras ( Extra Universal AC Power Adapter [E-Series] )

Processor ( IntelÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî Pentium M Processor 755 [2.0GHz, 2MB Cache] )

Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition )

USB Port ( Build-in 3x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook] )

Memory ( 1024MB [512MB x2] DDR-333 PC-2700 [Notebook Memory] Corsair )

Video Card ( Mobility 128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 256-bit 3D Video )

IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook] )

Hard Drive ( 80 GB 5400rpm ATA-100 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive )

Video Camera ( Creative High Resolution USB WebCam for Notebook )

Headset ( Plantronics DSP-500 USB Digital Audio Headset )

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( 8x DVD-ROM & 24X16X24 CD-RW Combo Drive [E-Series] )

Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )

Fax Modem ( Build-in 56K V.90 Fax Modem [Notebook] )

Network Card ( Build-in 10/100 Network LAN [Notebook] )

I plan on playing games like Ragnarok online, ROSE, a lil runescape>_>, etc etc

so what do you think?

Gaming, and laptop shouldn't be used in the same sentence...

I have a laptop geared for gaming, and truth be told it is a pain in the butt.

I have taken it to many LAN parties, and it is always nice and spiffy to be able to set up in 10 seconds, not to mention you don't have to lug around 300 pounds of equiptment... everything is conveniently packed into one small square... the problem?

For one, the keyboard is so close together it makes it about 3 times harder to type... now just think if your trying to play a first person shooter, doesn't work so great. You try to hit 'cntrl' and you end up hitting the windows key or the space bar because all the keys are so inconveniently spaced :cry: I supposed you could get used to it... or bring your own keyboard, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

Another issue... the screen! If you don't have it set up perfectly, you get a horrible mixture of this... RED BLACK!!211!!@!! glare type of thing going on, one thing that is nice is that if someone is trying to look at your screen to cheat, all they can see is a ugly arse pictuer :lol: but besides this (which really isn't a big deal unless you like to look at the screen from a 120 degree angle lol) the screen is way smaller....

Laptops are compact... there for they get hot, and I mean hot. There isn't much room for fans, and the closer the cards and junk are together, the hotter they can get. In return, you can get lots of slow down and FPS drops due to the heat, to compensate for this your fans spin faster, which takes up more power...

Power, not a big issue but if you plan on gaming on battery alone have fun either:

A.) Gaming for 2 hours max

B.) Gaming on such a low quality you shouldn't bother

Upgrading laptops can be very expensive, since the stuff is harder to find... They are weaker all around, slower CPU, worse memory, and less RAM. Many times the harddrive is smaller too... Yea, you can get something nearly equivilant to todays high end desktops... but at a pricee :roll:

I know from expierience... if you want to game, don't go with a laptop. You have been forwarned (I'm not even gonna look at the specs you set up :wink: )