Range armor...

Sirgatory

Alright hello, i'll start off by saying i'm 99 range, and achieved so on january 7, 2006.

Lately, with all of the combat updates, i am being swayed every which way on what to do.

My personal favorite has always been black dragon hide armor, ever since the release of RS2, when I became fond of range since it wasn't a green dot anymore :P

but as it happens, technology will always be updated and outdated.

Black dragonhide has lost it's respect since it's release ialong with the second version of RuneScape, as everyone has to get 70 range for their runescape career to be at least partially complete.

So down to the subject, after being rewarded with an armadyl hilt from the god wars dungeon boss, I have 40m cash to blow from my share.

I want a nice looking, crowd swaying range armor that I can afford.

I have looked at 3rd age top and bottom, which is currently my top choice.

The only con is, it has the same melee bonus as black dragonhide. This will not help me if i want it to be my primary armor in CW(which is where i like to spend my time on rs)

Secondly, I was looing at armadyl plate and legs, though i am not sure if i have enough. On a girl character, it didn't look too nice either. Does it look any better on a guy?

3rd, I already have some guthix dragonhide, and a ranger set and fury. they all look nice, but i dont need recommendations on them.

Down to my question - what ranged armor do you recommend that looks out of the ordinary and performs partially well(better than black d hide) against melee?

It can be combinations of armor..like torags and karils..i don't care. I just want opinions. :)

My old signature had to do with PKing the classic way.

Unfortunately, that is no more.

armadyl looks a lot better on guy than it does girl. i believe it has best stats of any range armor. if you want to have money left over just keep what you have, if you only plan on ranging for the rest of your RS career get 3rd age or armadyl top and bottom

I do, i can't stand melee. my reasons why are for another time..but yeah.

I have 3rd age for now...will upgrade to armadyl when i can.

My old signature had to do with PKing the classic way.

Unfortunately, that is no more.