InstallShield Scripting Runtime?

Lordjake

(this is my first post on tech board, so i apologize for asking any dumb questions, etc.)

ok, well i went to go install the America's Army game, you know, the free one created by the U.S. army...

well, i download it to my computer, and go to unzip it.

when running the InstallShield thing, an alert pops up saying "Error 1607- Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime" and then thats it :?

my friend was able to download it onto his computer, and apparently 90k other people have been able to download it this week also, so my questions are:

1) What is this Scripting Runtime?

2) How can i fix/install it?

3) Is it a problem with my computer or the program itself? (im guessing its computer's problem)

thanks in advance

160vy.png

one more thing, since theres no edit button for this forum i guess....

i try to run the Windows Installer Package for the game, after i unzipped the files, and i get another aler pop-up saying

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed."

what the poo?

160vy.png

I would suggest using Windows update. A new version of the installer is out, once you upgrade to that, it might just start working.

Also, what version of Windows are you running? And are you sure your computer is fast enough to run the game? (I have no idea what game you're talking about, just asking...)