Items kept upon death

highlanders

Legal notice: By posting this thread I permit Jagex LTD an unlimited unconditional licence to produce, adapt, modify, and remove any sections of the suggestion at their discression. Whilst out of their area, I am posting under the full Terms and conditions as stated on http://www.runescape.com. All players posting content and suggestions on this thread, are giving me the permission, unless directly stated otherwise to use their input to improve my suggestion, and you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions of Jagex.

As DaOnLyJoSh pointed out in this topic in the general forum.

Now that the grand exchange is out, we have some sort of official price guide for all items in Runescape. This means it could be possible to use the street price of items as the value used to determine which items are to be kept upon death.

The current system is not very logical. It doesn't make sense that you would keep a dragon dagger over a party hat, by example.

However, some people made some valid opposition against to use of the GE prices to decide which items would be lost upon death. Such as pking becoming less profitable, because the opponent is allowed to keep their best items.

First, it would be useful to know what the intent of Jagex was when they decided of what items would be kept upon death.

Please remember that the game has been designed in such a manner that any loss of items will only be a short term setback for your character. It will be possible for you to regain the majority of the items that you have lost or even to get better ones.

My suggestion is a little original, it's in-between. I propose that using the GE prices, six of the most valuable items out of your inventory are selected, and then out of these six items, three items are selected randomly, and these are the items that you keep upon death.

For example, you have died with an inventory of 10 lobsters, a super set, a fury amulet, a legends cape, and full guthans. Using the GE prices the fury amulet, guthans warspear, guthans helm, guthans platebody, guthans plateskirt and super strength potion will be selected. From there, the system randomly chooses by example: strength potion, guthans platebody, and guthans plateskirt.

Using protect item prayer, it remains the same, except you keep four items randomly instead of three, still out of six.

This system would be based on both logic and luck. You could still get good loot for pking, aswell as having better chances to keep your best item if you die. People wouldn't start roaming around in the wilderness with partyhats. But if they died, their partyhat wouldn't be considered as total junk either.

As pointed at the beginning I give Jagex permission to use this idea, and I hope they do.

2480+ total