Connection Killed! (if you can fix problem 500k reward)

Sunwarriord

Everytime i go to Runescape.com i get this Connection Killed! error at the top bar and the screen is blank. It does this on FireFox, Netscape and IE.

So i was wondering if anyoen else had this problem or how to fix it. i have a pic, but i don't get this new rule with images now.

thats y i used world switchers since it didn't go directly to Runescape.com so it loaded for me, but now those are getting the Connection Killed! error too so i can't play at all now.

try this site:

its the runescape site after dns so maybe it doesnt lookup properly? or something.

well when i use that it doesn't say connection killed! at the top, and it says "runescape-the massive online......etc"

but i still get a blank screen.

i use Linksys and Windows ICS nat firewalls.

Also Runescape worked the first time i installed FireFox, but then when i tried it the second time I got the Connection Killed error.

That error box could have lots of meanings anyways. If you're using internet explorer, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> [LAN Settings] and check if underneath the proxy server area that if anything is clicked. If it is, deselect it. That turns proxy off your browser even if a proxy program is active right now as your browser will bypass through it. Of course if your internet requires proxy and you turn it off.. nothing will work, so if something like that happens, just reactivate it.

2269645[/snapback]

also i tried doing that and it worked, but parents don't want the proxy to be turned off so i can't do it.

is there any other way?

Well then it's a problem with the proxy that you use.

Why do you use a proxy if your internet apparently works fine without it?

Try contacting the proxy owner and asking them to remove the block?

I don't see the point of using a proxy either if you don't need to... They can make connections slower, and a pain in the butt...

The only good that can come from them, is more security because your browsing annonomously... but if someone is going to go through the trouble of getting an IP (or in your case a proxy) they can easilly trace it to its where abouts and get the IP.

The ammount of people that would just target a random person are slim... and there are a lot of 'random persons' out there in line before you. Unless your mommy and daddy are secret agent FBI people who can't reveal their uber doober super secret location, aka 123 fake street, then you should have anything to worry about :wink:

Could also use it to restrict your kiddie's ingternet access zonda ;)

Bah! Foiled again by you, cameron.... Yea I suppose it could, never crossed my mind. Not used to thinking that way. I don't generally create the restrictions lol, because I am the one trying to get around them... 8)

Hi, Post a HijackThis log and I'll see if I can manage to fix your problem Incase if its any of those.

Then see if youre not running an proxy,

Turn off your WINDOWS XP firewall and try.

Get a decent firewall, scan for ad-aware, spyware malware and such.

Lol, why do your parents care if you see the occasional bad ad on Runescape.

Or do you play it too much?

Just turn the proxy off.