Grr, Money Grabbing Runescape Shops! (not dec 10th related)

Junkieman

Maybe this is a silly rant, an obscure rant lost amongst the current outcries on the current situations of the game due to today's updates, but this is something which has been bugging me since the GE came out, and nobody seems to have noticed. What am I talking about, you ask?

General Stores and their player stock. Before the GE, you'd go to a store, sell stuff and the price drops as stock increases until it hits XX minimum buy/sell price. IE Coifs, you can sell for 20gp, or buy for 60gp, right?

But now, with the GE, players buy/pay the higher price to get the item from the store, at the current GE base rate(currently 120gp for coifs), or the store's preset rate(in this case, 60gp is the minimum you'd buy a coif for in a general store, but likely to be more, due to a higher GE price). However, at the moment, you'd have to pay 120gp for any coifs bought in any general stores anywhere across the lands. That's twice as much!

However, regardless of what the GE price of an item stands at(again, 120gp for our coif, as currently standing on the GE), the general stores will always buy for the preset(low alch) price, of 20gp. Now, coifs are fairly useless, but it's just an example. Where as before, if you sold a coif to a store then bought i back(to unnote it for example), you'd get 20gp then pay 60gp, losing 40gp. Now, you'll get 20gp, but then pay 120gp, losing 100gp! That's over twice as much, and I hardly think fair. It also totally ruins unnoting items anywhere. If I hear a cry of this being some sort of anti-bot measure, then pull the other one, cos Jagex have stretched that to a number of things, but it can hardly apply here.

Now, all I'm saying is, if we are FORCED to pay higher prices for general store items in accordance with the GE, I don't see why THEY shouldn't be forced to pay US higher prices for when we sell our stock into it, I'd say make it around 2/3rds of the current GE base rate, maybe 4/5ths. Am I being petty, asking for something silly? Is it something completely non-sensical, or just plain [developmentally delayed]ed? I feel like maybe I'm picking a hole in nothing, but it bothers me.

Maybe it's just my conspiracy theorist mind that thinks Jagex wanna try and siphon money from the economy where they can(after all, you buy something from a general store, and the money dissappears from the economy and game). Who knows, maybe I'm just weird. Thanks for reading, especially in the midst of the latest updates' flak, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated.

Junkieman608.png

I agree, it used to be a good thing when you found something you liked in the general store, but now it is worthless!

Example: maple logs in the general store can be bought for 72 ea! 72 ea!

But you can buy them from GE for around 55 ea !

WTF !

I used to love to check every gen store I passed, but now why bother.

I think when Warhammer Age of Reckoning comes out, Goodbye RS !

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

Totally, nothing quite like finding a proper bargain in the general store! A guy on the official forums(in a thread about unbalanced trading BEFORE it was actually announced), has a theory that Jagex are actually fixing GE prices too. I mean, there's no real way for us to check either, is there? Fixing prices means fixing their economy, which constantly 'deflates' and the value of money goes up over time.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15 ... 8,goto,119

Also, he points out on the next page or so;

EDIT: lol just saw this one... green d'hide chaps have a min price of 2535 and an average market price of 2535. They're the same! Free markets ftl!!!
Junkieman608.png