Stupid Pop ups - How to get rid of?

SwimSteve2

First off, i would just like to say that i have never, EVER had an issue with those random pop-ups, aka "Ad-ware"

I would also like to say that somewhere, cant really remember, i heard that Ad-aware IS ad-ware it self.

--------------------------------------

Well last week, i decided to give ad-aware a try, even though i had heard that it installs onto your computer the very thing it deletes. I had never really had a problem with ad-ware, i just kind of downloaded it for the heck of it.

Well recently, ive had some issues with random popup ads that appear out of nowhere. I get popups from Internet Explorer, and i dont even use it! I use Firefox, yet i still get popups from IE for some reason.

To be honest, this hasnt really happened until i downloaded Ad-aware, and im beginning to think that Ad-aware DOES install some sort of spyware or adware on your computer. Now im not saying it does, but it looks pretty obvious.

Ive tried running Spybot and Ad-aware (just incase if it doesnt install adware...) and nothing seems to work, i still get them. Im doing a virus scan right now, scanned 35k files so far and only one possible problem, doesnt seem to be it. Ive tried downloading the latest version and updates for IE, even though I dont use it.

I used to have ZoneAlarm, but that messed my computer and RS for some reason, making them run very slowly or not at all...

Later ill probably post a hi-jack-this log

So honestly, i have no idea whats wrong. Like i said before, ive NEVER had a problem with this and I just dont understand why it happened all of a sudden.

Any advice? :?

Ad-Aware is a legit program... unless you download it from a wierd site that's hidden something in the exe file.

Go to the actually Lavasoft site.

Download it from Lavasoft itself.