Computer lagging from going too fast?

Comet2002

Well I just got a new computer and it is acting abnormally.

When I go on RuneScape, my computer seems to be running too fast for it. Like when I high alch or do something else the animation is a lot faster than it is on any other of my computers. This might seem to be a good thing but RS times everything so even if the animations are faster I still can not high alch until the RS time thinks it is done with the animation.

This is very annoying because it seems to lag event though it is running fast. Everything else on my computer runs normal speed. Also I have Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Norton Antivirus, and a McAfee firewall. I scanned my computer and found nothing so I don't think its spyware or a virus.

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition and this is an emahcines computer. It has an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+. 2 Ghz with 384 Mb of ran (could have sorn it had 512 :? )

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you. :)

The problem is Sun Java... I believe it deals with the BIOS being out of date on your Mother Board, but that is only in some cases, I myself was unable to find an actual fix, but I did find away arounf the problem. Please take 10 or fifteen minutes and read this entire thread, reading a piece here and a piece there won't help you any so please read the entire thing:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=141727&highlight=

I have an emachines computer too! :D

For your memory your graphics card is intergrated so it takes up some of your ram. So you have a 128mb card 384+128=512 (i hope you got that without the math problem :lol: )

All emachines graphic card are intergrated (so is mine) but they are desent and fast. I have the same specs on my computer as you. I think my amd 3200 is at 2.2 ghz tho.

edit: on another note since i have the same specs (little higher cpu) as you just to add i have never had any problems with my computer going "to" fast.

goldenblade995.png

Thank you so much Zonda!

Anyone else who has this problem just needs to download the Java that he recommended in that thread.

Thanks again! :D