The Road Not taken

Bluejayfan94

Before I post my story, I just want to say I feel sad about all this. 2 and a half months of posts, GONE. I hope that everyone saved theirs somewhere else. Best Wishes everyone!

The Road Not Taken

Young Robert Frost awoke one dreary Wednesday morning. He felt different today, like he had changed while he slept. He opened the bedroom door, and the smell of bacon filled his room. Instead of walking down the stairs, he walked across the hall into the bathroom, and turned on the lights.

The mirror was fogged, possibly like his mother had taken a shower, and it was still very humid. Robert took the hand towel, from the bar, and lightly cleared a small circle on the mirror. He looked no different, but still he felt different.

He walked downstairs, to see his mother, sitting at the table. On her plate there was bacon and eggs, sunny side up, just the way Robert liked.

"Morning honey, you had better hurry. School is in 15 minutes." She said as she stood up and walked to the fridge. "Do you want milk or orange juice?" She said as she opened the door.

"Orange please," he replied as he sat down at his place on the table.

His mom was a beautiful blonde haired woman. She was taller than Robert, and had a slim body. She had black streaks, making her look like a model from a magazine cover.

Robert finished his eggs and grabbed the 2 pieces of bacon left. He stuffed both into his mouth, grabbed his bag, and flew out the door. He only had five minutes to get to school.

The school was 5 blocks away, and was across a large football field. The field hadn't been used in many years, and the gophers now called it home. Hols covered the lush field, which was a problem. The grass was so tall it covered the holes.

Robert ran down the side of the field, closest to the ravine that ran beside the school. The ravine used to have a small bike path that ran from Main Street to far past the school. The ashphalt was still there. No holes for Robert to fall in.

Robert ran past the old yellow shed that was on the ridge of the ravine. He noticed a small hole, with a board covering it, on the back of the shed. Though Robert would have investigated the hole, he heard the first bell ring. He hustled across the street, and into the school.

"Robert?" His teacher spoke from the front of the class.

"Here," he replied as he hurried inside. "Sorry I'm late."

"Don't let it happen again, Robert." She said sternly.

"Yes, ma'am. I won't."

Robert took his seat at the back of the classroom, while Ms. Smith continued on with attendance. His class was at the front of the school, and there was at least 2 windows in each room. Robert sat beside one.

Ms. Smith never looked at him. He could day dream all he wanted, or watch the cars passing.

At the end of the day, during English, he looked out the window, at the old yellow shed. There was a black figure, or even two black figures walking away from the shed. It looked like they were inside the shed.

"Mr. Frost! Do you mind joining us?" Ms. Smith boomed.

Robert came out of his trance. "Oh yes, sorry Ms. Smith!" he replied with haste. he quickly grabbed his ballpoint pen and started copying the notes on the board about Poetry.

When the final bell rang, Robert picked up his books, put them into his bag and walked out of the school. When he walked out the door, instead of walking home, down the streets, he walked across the street and headed straight for the shed.

He saw that the hole on the shed was bigger than in the morning, and that there were footprints in the gravel near it.

He noticed a light glimmer, beside the shed. He walked over and knelt down, only to find a empty CD case. There was only one thing in it, and that was a small sticker with the inscription worn away. Robert picked up the CD case, put it in his pocket, and ventured inside the shed.

The inside was dully lit, and smelled much like smoke. He could make out very few things. Beside the door, he noticed a small yellow flashlight. He picked it up and turned it on.

Robert found a carton of cigarettes, explaining the small of smoke. He shone the light across from the hole. CDs! There were spools of CDs with no cases, and stickers beside them.

Robert picked up one of the CDs, and put it into the case he found. He left the shed, but who knew that he was an unwelcome visitor to the guys outside.

There was 5 or 6 men. They were about 6 feet tall, and looked very athletic. They wore black sweat pants, and a black t-shirt or sweater.

They also wore headbands with the logo of the Night Snakes - A Red cobra, slithering from the black background.

After seeing these men, Robert realized that they were part of the Night Snakes. The Night Snakes were a ruthless street gang that could be compaired to the Mafia. They were all over America, and even in some areas of Canada and Mexico. Robert never knew they were in his small town

"You! What were you doing in there?" The one's voice boomed.

"Nothing sir!" Robert cried, "I just got lost!"

"Well, you sumbled on to our hideout, eh?" Another spoke up, "Snake, what should we do about this? He's obviously going to tell someone!"

The first man turned to Robert. "I guess I have no choice but to..."

"No!" Robert sobbed, "Please! Don't hurt me! I didn't do anything!"

The man looked at Robert. "Hurt you? We don't hurt children." He said, "But, since you know our secrets, you will have to join us."

Robert did not speak. he pondered in his head what he should say or do. He thought about what he heard, and about what he knew about the Night Snakes. And also about what gangs do.

He finally spoke. "Ok, I will."

The men lead him inside and introduced themselves. The first man, Snake also welcomed Robert to the Night Snakes.

**********************************************************************************************

Robert finally found a chance to escape, when he was close to the door. He quickly grabbed a crate with CD cases on it, and hurried out the door.

He ran down the ravine past his street, trying to reach Main Street, and the small police station on the corner. The Snakes were right behind him. And they were gaining much ground on him. Robert was a slow runner, and he could not compete with these adults who looked like they played hockey or football.

Robert past 3rd Street and the Snakes were only a couple of hundred feet behind him. He turned into a back alley and ran down looking for an open gate.

About halfway through the back alley, he found a gate. Something that no-one he knew could jump, It was at least 8 feet high and had nothing to climb on. Robert ran into the yard, and slammed the gate behind him. As soon as he closed it, he heard one of the Snakes yell "DANG IT!"

Robert ran through the yard, and jumped the small gate in the front. He hurried down the street, making his way to the small park near the police station 3 blocks away.

Robert, after all this running was really tired. He started to slow down, and let the nice cool breeze cool him down. He didn't stay jogging for long though.

When Robert reached the corner he heard some shouting from behind him. It was the Snakes! They had ran down the block after trying to get in the fence.

Robert hurried to turn the corner and get into the park. When he did he heard the Snakes rush down the other street. Robert sighed with relief, until he heard Snake yell.

"Guys! Split up!" Snake's voice boomed. "Bob and Aaron, go to that house! Chris and I will check the park! Gus and Joey, check the Ravine. Everyone meet back at HQ later."

Robert got up from under the small maple tree, and ran straight to the station. He told the police everything that had happened, where they are, and who they were.

The police brought almost every unit into the small neighborhood, where they found everyone but Chris Croeker who they believe ditched when he and Snake went to the park and saw a police cruiser. They put out a reward to whoever finds him.

Snake had been the leader of the whole Night Snakes organisation, and was sentenced to life, while the rest were charged $10,000 and 15 years in jail.

Robert, being a hero for finding and escaping the Night Snakes, was awarded with a giant reward and his picture was on the cover of every magazine and newspaper on the continent.

Later that night, when Robert returned home, he found his mom. In tears, so happy that he was alive, and not hurt. He comforted her, until he remembered that his poetry assignment was due tomorrow.

Robert walked up to his room, sat down at his desk, and started writing.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

~Robert Frost

Fascinating. But I really can't give you my true opinion merely because I am feeling "Meh" towards it... not that it's bad, not my cuppa tea.

Man! I lost some 5 stories... most of Space Opera and Tales of Harmony! Gah! Along with Slavery of the Ancients and Zombie Night, The Last One and a couple other one shots.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Fascinating. But I really can't give you my true opinion merely because I am feeling "Meh" towards it... not that it's bad, not my cuppa tea.

Man! I lost some 5 stories... most of Space Opera and Tales of Harmony! Gah! Along with Slavery of the Ancients and Zombie Night, The Last One and a couple other one shots.

Man that sucks.

I also have much to re do. These last 3-5 months were a re-building time for me on these forums. I started going to Video Games and Consoles recently. I need to re write my Call of Duty 4 Walkthrough, figure out why my smilies aren't showing beside this window, figure out stuff about this forum, and fix my profile and signature AGAIN. :(

Just throwing out some constructive criticism here if you want. I found these two statements below a tad cliche.

They also wore headbands with the logo of the Night Snakes - A Red cobra, slithering from the black background.

After seeing these men, Robert realized that they were part of the Night Snakes. The Night Snakes were a ruthless street gang that could be compaired to the Mafia. They were all over America, and even in some areas of Canada and Mexico. Robert never knew they were in his small town

I would have said it more like:

After seeing these men, Robert noticed an odd insignia on all the mens' clothing. It looked to be a scarlet snake coming towards the person facing it. Robert soon realized these men must be in some type of gang to be sneaking around a yellow shed near a school in his small rural town.

It's your story though, and I don't expect you to put this in there because we obviously all have different writing styles. Good luck on repairing your story though :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Just throwing out some constructive criticism here if you want. I found these two statements below a tad cliche.

I would have said it more like:

After seeing these men, Robert noticed an odd insignia on all the mens' clothing. It looked to be a scarlet snake coming towards the person facing it. Robert soon realized these men must be in some type of gang to be sneaking around a yellow shed near a school in his small rural town.

It's your story though, and I don't expect you to put this in there because we obviously all have different writing styles. Good luck on repairing your story though :P