Deserted

Distracted

Had to repost this due to the rollback.

Dear Dave,

Thanks for competing in the competition! Congratulations on winning our competition!

Now, as we promised, you can take 3 friends on a luxurious trip to Turkey.

Found on the back are boarding and hotel details.

Sincerely,

Frank Grohl, CEO.

'Oh yeah! Let's go get some friends!' David ran to the phone and took his little black book, which contains all his friends' phone numbers and e-mailadresses.

Enthusiastically he started typing out the first number...

Robert

Robert was reading a book titled 'Cuba's Pride and Blood' by the famous INC-reporter Lara Noon. It was about the Cuban revolution, about Castro. The phone rang. "Robert Shaller, who's callin'?" he said in his deep voice. "Robert! It's me, David! Hey, I've got a question..."

David went on and explained the competition that he won. "So, wanna come?". David and Robert have been friends for a while. When David was a freshman, Robert protected him from the bigger bullies. Robert would show David around, tell him how everything works, which teachers are best, ... Since then they were good friends. And the bullies? One of them is a good friend of David and Robert now.

"Sure, I'll come!" Robert replied with enthusiasm. Robert was always happy to leave the house; he's very adventurous. "OK, come to my house, Wednesday 8am?" David asked. "Sure, I'll be there! See ya then!" - "See ya!" David hung up, so did Robert.

Steve

"This week's numbers are... 8. 13. 25. 45. 49. Congratulations to all winners, and to whomever didn't win, thanks for trying!" the man on TV said. Steve was bored, so he was just zapping the channels. "Later on C9, how did Calvin Klein's line ever become so big? Find out on Fashion Fever. But first, what did Peter do to Jessica? When will his dad come out of rehab? Find out in another thrilling episode of Ice Cold." Wow, how boring, Steve thought, is there really nothing decent on TV... He just zapped to the next channel. "So how did you get in sha-" the woman didn't get a chance to finish her sentence: Steve turned off the TV and took his iPod. If there was one thing he would never get bored of, it's his music. He even has a band that plays in the local bars every now and then.

He sat upstairs in his room, when his mother came upstairs. Her mouth was moving, but he didn't hear anything. He pressed pause. "-rom David!" He looked at the phone in her hand. "Thanks, mom." He took the phone "Yeah?" he said to the phone, "Hey, Steve, it's David, man... Hey, look..." David continued, he explained the competition, and how he won, and the beautiful price. "So, you in?" Steve was happy that something finally happened... Life's so boring on Flint Avenue. The most exciting thing to happen there is a biker falling off his bike...

David and Steve have been good friends since 3rd grade. They did practically everything together back then. They're friendship was in danger when they went to high school. David went to Saint-Peters School while Steve was forced to go to Stanley High School. They kept in touch though, and while the friendship isnt the same, its still a beautiful one. Oh yeah! Thanks for askin, man, I was bored over here... Yeah, Ill come!

Rob

"Drrriiiiiiing. Drrriiiiiiing." The loud ringing of the phone woke Rob up. He had a very bad night, practically didn't sleep. "Ugh, I didn't need this stupid call..." He picks up the phone, still not completely awake. "Yeah?" he said in a sleepy tone.

"Look, Rob... What's up?" David said from the other side of the line. David and Rob have been friends for a very long time. David knew him from back in 2nd grade and even though it's 3 years difference they were good friends back then.

"... So, wanna come?" David had finished his routine explanation of the competition and the prize. He had got used to it after explaining it twice. "Wait, what?" Rob pinched himself, but he wasn't dreaming. "Woah, sure I'll come! But... can I get a room for myself?" Rob said, "Uhm, I don't think so... What, you snore that hard?" David said laughing. "Haha, no. OK, I'll come!"

David

"Sure, meetcha wednesday 8am?" David asked. "Yeah, I'll be there. Bye!" Rob said, "See ya!" David said and hung up. He had invited 3 of his friends. Humming he went to his room and prepared his bags. 2 more days and he would leave to Turkey! He went on-line for a second, to check the weather there. "Ooh, 30°C every day I'm there... Nice!" he said to himself. He took his nicest T-shirts and some of his shorts. His room looked like a mess; he had taken practically everything in his closet to see what ones would look. He would get VIP treatment for those 7 days he's staying, so he better look good. A private jet from American Airlines would get him here, they say that's just a little bit of what you'll experience in that week. He hopes it is.

Wednesday

The alarm, set at 7am, woke up David. He couldn't sleep all night, last time he looked at his clock it said 3:38. "Oh yeah! Finally!" he said to himself while walking to the bathroom. As he brushed his teeth, his mother woke up too. She was going to drive him and the other 3 boys to the airport. He quickly dressed up as the first boy arrived. "Hey, David!" Steve said. He was 10 minutes early. "Hey! Come in, take a seat!" David replied while showing him a seat. A few minutes earlier they got joined by Robert. Last was Rob, who looked tired. "Wow, looks like you've had a bad night, Rob." Steve said, "No, I slept like I was in heaven..." Rob replied sarcastically. "Whatever guys, let's leave!" David said while taking his coat out of the coat rack. While in the car they had a conversation, wondering what they could expect, how the hotel would be, ...

"OK, boys, this is it!" David's mother said. "Thanks, Ms. Stone!" Steve said while stepping out of the car. "Yeah, thanks mom." David said. The two other boys were discussing whether they would get a private servant in the hotel. They just nodded to Davids mom.

Can the family Smith please report to gate C67. a male voice said from the microphone. Wow, this place is huge... Rob said. What gate are we? he continued. I dont know, Rob, we still need to check in. The paper we got says we can go at the American Airlines First Class check-in desk. David replied while looking around searching for the American Airlines check-in desks. There! Steve said while pointing at the billboard saying AA CHECK-IN. OK, go to terminal D, which is the terminal for private flights, your planes standing at gate D2. You can get your baggage when you arrive in Turkey. Thanks for choosing American Airlines! the man, whos name tag said Van Damme, said. Would you want someone to bring you there? he asked to the group. They nodded yes.

The guide would finally bring them to the gate, where the plane would leave at 15:35.

Steve

Finally, Steve thought, they would get out of this monotony and go to Turkey, a very nice country he heard from a friend. "So, a private jet, eh?" he asked David, who glanced at the paper and replied with a smile: "Yeah. Can't wait!" - "Me neither!" Steve replied enthusiastically. Steve was afraid to confess this is the first time he got in an airplane, heck, got out of town! Why would they need to know anyway?, he thought to himself. "So Rob, what have you been up to lately?" Steve asked to distract himself from his thoughts, "Hmm, I don't know, nothing much. Just bad sleep, and I keep on losing shirts... Also, the neighbours moved away, they didn't feel comfortable after their puppy died... They actually never found its head..." Rob said, dead-calm and serious. "Freaky..." Robert said from behind them. "You took the words out of my mouth, man." Steve said, "Right David?" he said. "Uhm, wha-? Uh, yeah sure..." David was paying more attention to the different gates and signs then listening to the boys' conversation.

"What about you, Steve, how's your band doing?" Robert asked. "Jack, who plays the bass guitar, has moved out, so yeah... We did make about 80 bucks when we played in the Square Café, was a good crowd. Other than that, life was just boring the last few weeks... You, Robert? Steve said. He felt proud of himself, but he never showed that to other people: he always looked relaxed and the only emotions you can read off his face are anger, happiness and sadness.

Been reading up on Cuban history, I plan on going this summer. The state is going downhill, Cuba needs democracy!

Rob

This is it, boys. their guide said in a friendly tone. She pointed at a gate with very comfortable seats in front of it. The plane will leave in about 30 minutes, you can get on in about 10 minutes. Have fun! she said. Thanks! David said and the guide left. Finally, we can sit down and do nothing. Well, except for talk of course, Rob thought. So this is the gate? It looked impressive, probably where all important people go to catch their plane. The Ikn didnt really care about the world, so he didnt know a lot about stuff like that...

7 hours later

There seems to be an emergency! Everyone, fasten your seatbelts, put your seats in the upright position and get in position for a crash! I repeat! Fasten your seatbelts, seats in the upright position and brace yourself! The pilots panicked voice woke up Rob, who was half asleep, and David almost fell out of his chair from the shock. What the [bleep]? Steve shouted over the noise. He braced himself and everyone followed his example. Rob took a glance over his shoulder and saw fire. He knew this was serious. This is the end. Rob never got to say goodbye to his father. He ruined his life, wasted it all. You only realise what you have until you lose it, they say. Theyre right. Robs will soon be fulfilled: sleep. He would never wake up though. His life flashed in front of his eyes, the phone call, his ex-girlfriend that died... Hell join her in hell now. A tear fell out of his eye.

Drink Red Bull for extra energy anytime! [/commercialbreak]

Lol, anyway, here's a new part.

David

"Steve, you alright?" David shouted over the loud noise. He wasn't really expecting a reply. David put himself in the position for landing, the stewardess' words floating through his head: 'Seat in upright position, seat belts fastened...'

It was a routine for a stewardess like her, she never expected it to be actually used... But now it is. He looked to the right, and saw Rob and Robert. They were having a friendly chat just 10 minutes ago. He looked beside him, where Steve sat, and saw a tear falling out of his eye. He knew why. He was forcing himself not to cry. "May day! May day!", David heard the pilots scream. "Do you copy? Do you copy?!" The pilots were panicking. For a good reason; they were going head first to the ground at tremendous speed. It was over. David closed his eyes.

Boom.

Steve

Steve heard nothing but a beep. He saw David's mouth moving, but he didn't hear anything. The world felt like it was shaking, his hand was bloody. The plane was just a wreck. The cockpit was obliterated, the pilots didn't survive. Rob was lying on the floor, his left hand seemed to have been crushed by a seat. Robert tried lifting up the seat, but his head was bloody, he didn't look strong enough. Steve finally started hearing again. "...right?" David shouted. "Steve! Do you hear me!" "Uhh, yeah, ugh..." That's all Steve could say at that moment. He was exhausted, he was injured severely. He looked around. He saw nothing but trees, well, a few of them, the rest got crushed by the plane. It looks like they landed in a forest or a jungle. Far away from civilization. "Steve, Dave, come over here! Help me out!" Robert shouted in the direction of the two. Steve used his last energy to try and stand up and walk to Robert, but he didn't get far. He broke his leg during the crash. "Aaah! Aagh, [bleep]!" Steve shouted in pain. Steve saw David standing in the middle, trying to decide who to help.

Read all about it!

New part.

--

David

'Oh my God, who to help...' David thought in himself... 'Rob has a crushed hand, Steve has a broken leg...' He then realized Rob needed the help more, he was in a lot of pain. "Sorry, Steve, I'll get to ya in a sec! Just hang in there!" David shouted before running off to Rob to help Robert lift the chair. Robert looked weak after the crash, but he did all he could to take the heavy seat off of Rob's hand. "Good you came to help..." "No problem, Robert." David replied and they did their best to get the seat off the ground. "Wait a sec!" David shouted as he ran off to get a big stick. He put part of the stick under the seat and the other part outside. "We just gotta push here, that'll make things easier." David said to Robert. He looked at Rob's face, who seemed to be in immense pain.

"3... 2... 1... Push!" Robert said loudly. The seat seamed to move. "3... 2... 1... Push!" The seat was now in a much better position... "Come on, one more time! 3... 2... 1... Push!" The seat finally got off of Rob's hand, which was completely crushed. "Robert, stay here, I'll go help Steve!" And as David rushed to go help Steve, the sun started going down. David got some twigs and small logs to make a first camp fire, and got some big leaves to cover them while sleeping. Robert in the meanwhile was helping Rob and Steve, he tore parts of his T-shirt to stop the bleeding, and took firm twigs to make sure the bones don't get damaged more.

Rob

They were sitting around a small fire David made with the wood he got. Luckily it didn't rain here the last few days. They were all exhausted, Rob had his hand wrapped in cloth, and Steve had to sit with a twig supporting his leg all the time. "I'm loving Turkey already..." Rob said, with a sarcastic tone. "Yeah, great trip, eh?" Robert replied, while throwing some twigs into the fire. "Guys, I'm gonna look for some things to cover us at night, maybe I'll find a good tree." David said "How about me? I can't go anywhere with my leg..." Steve said, feeling like he was left out. "Uh, yeah... We'll just... Pff..." David had no idea what to say.