An emissions trading scheme. The way to go?

warri0r45

I think your idea is pretty good. but the problem is that though hydrogen cars are already invented, they're accidents waiting to happen. Hydrogen car= mini Hindenbergs driving down the highway. car crash=giant [wagon] explosion.

OT: I got the wrong idea when the title said "emission trading". I'm a dirty boy :-#

The cars will use hydrogen fuel cells not a giant [wagon] balloon on top, companies won't send out cars that are a danger hazard, they do something called "research". They don't just strap some hydrogen cans onto a car and market it.

Did you know it takes more electricity to make a fuel cell then you get back? If all cars suddenly converted to fuel cells, I figure wed need at least double the power generating capacity currently on earth. Since everyones unresonably afraid of nuclear, and no renewable energy source can handel that demand and still be remotly fesible enough to not cause fatal laughing at its mention, it would be fossil fuels that would take the load. Then we'd all be up [cabbage] creek without paddels on a hot day now wouldn't we.

I think we should stop Brazil, the fourth lagest carbon emmiter, to stop clear cutting the ammozon to make way for crop feilds for bio fuels. Sure, aside from the chemical conversions provided by plant life, in 300 years it might actualy provide anough biofuel to meet at least Brazils demand (at 100% biofuel), but by that time there should be enough carbon in the atmosphere to cause big problems if were still alive by then. Actualy in 300 years you could probably make up for all the carbon emmision, but since making it up does not actualy remove the carbon released, that really dose nothing to help the situation. I think we should all pray for an ice age then develop interstellar travel since to get back to the natural cycle, we need to reduce emmision to probably -100% at least (yes, its negative, we need to REMOVE carbon). for a little while (the more we remove the less time we need, I just figure -100% should halt the procces whether its caused by humans or not).