Anti-aliasing?

haloffx

Hey Tip.Iters, I just got a small problem with anti-aliasing being incompatible. I'm on a laptop with a Intel Mobile Intel® 945GM card installed directly on my motherboard and it has more than 64MB. My laptop has met the "1.5 GHz processor or higher" and "256MB of RAM or more" requirement. Also, when I look at my Direct Diagnostic Tool, it says that my AGP Texture Acceleration isn't available(if that helps).

I think my card isn't powerful enough to support AA, but does anyone know if it's possible that it can? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ::'

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

You could tweak an integrated Intel 64MB card to run 2x AA or low Anisotropic Filtering in manufacturer settings, but it will still lag you to hell. Antialiasing isn't worth the amount of lag if you don't have at least a 128/256MB proper manufacturer card from Ati or nVidia.

Driver update for your card (945GM) can be found here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product ... uctID=2301

For comparison, I can barely run 2xAA on a laptop with 2GB of ram and a 128MB Ati card.. It's a feature mostly used for desktops, or extremely powerful gaming laptops like AlienWare.

Conclusion: AA isn't worth it on low-end cards and laptops.

Thanks for the info BlueLancer, I've previously tried to update my driver card using that link, however once I'm downloaded it and started the program and it extracts the files, it gives me an error message. I've looked the error message up on the site and it told me to download driver updates from my computer manufacturer, so I went to the site of my manufacturer. The driver updates on my manufacturer site doesn't seem to improve my card much though. :cry:

Hmm, all right then, I could still play and enjoy the game without AA then. \'

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.