[!] C/C please on New Experimental piece

Shiny

Here are some photo manips. I don't really know what to improve on, as this is my first time doing things like this.

[hide=Non Photo manip.]experimentalpiece.png[/hide]

This is quite an experimental piece. I really enjoyed making it. I read a tutorial about these things but didn't follow it. I really like the way the effect come over and I think I did a good job. I need C/C on this kind of thing as well.

[hide=Rather large image]theleafmanipscartoonyfinal.jpg[/hide]

I really like this. I'd submit it for Pic of the Month but...I think it captures the beauty of urbanized culture and nature together. I wanted it to look quite graffiti-ish, and I think I pulled it off.

[hide=this is the original shot]DSC06646.jpg[/hide]

And heres one of my cat:

[hide=In here]HalfCatmanip.jpg[/hide]

[hide=and the original photo]HalfCat.jpg[/hide]

I'm at a loss of what to improve here. I want to make my shots better by manipulating them and adding brushes, but this is a new experience for me. Help?

Gimp Stuff:

-------------

oblivionSephiroth_King.png

I don't really like this one, plain and boring.

Here's the avatar which goes with it:

VivaOblivion.jpg

Same as above.

sigcontestthruitall.png

I really enjoyed making this, and I like it a lot. This is for Thru's comp.

So I need some C/C

lampost_sig_stark.png

Cool stuff, I really like the cat one. It's definatly the best one. Loving the effects.

First one seems bit like a random pile of filters, I don't really get it, sorry :(

Signatures are fine, you could work a bit on them and add some effects, but okay work so far.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

Cool stuff, I really like the cat one. It's definatly the best one. Loving the effects.

First one seems bit like a random pile of filters, I don't really get it, sorry :(

Signatures are fine, you could work a bit on them and add some effects, but okay work so far.

Thanks. I think on the first one it may be slightly messy. It took me around an hour to do. I used around 3 different brushes for the main part and blurred, re-blurred, motion blurred, duplicated and posterized the background, and added some effects. I highlighted some areas and did some gradient maps and such. It turned out well.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I put up and experimental piece. I think it looks really good, good use of colour in my opinion, and depth. This piece is abstract, I'd say, I think, in me it conveys an underwater message and sort of looks like one of the bombs which go into the water, depth charges? with bubbles coming from it and all.

lampost_sig_stark.png