Rather odd hardware problem...

Starting this morning, or at least that's when I started hearing it.. my machine has been making a somewhat odd noise..

If you've ever played with the little matchbox toy cars, you know the sound it makes if you run it along something to get the wheels going, and then hold it in the air? The sound is almost exactly like that..

If you don't know that sound...think of a cat hacking up a hair ball, it's sort of like that, but not as loud and more drawn-out.

I'm thinking it's a fan that's clogged or blocked or something so it can't spin, but I didn't see anything when I checked real quick this morning.

I'm going to do a little bit more in-depth probing tonight if it's still going-on..

Until then, though, does anyone have any advice/ideas?

IRKAa.jpg

Weird, I've been having the exact same problem. It seems as if my computer is working extra hard to do nothing at all, checked my running processes and everything is completely normal. My fan's are all working, and sometimes I hear the noise, sometimes I don't. Its pretty random. Sorry, I have no solution, but right now I'm in the same boat as you are. :x

signaturecj5.jpg