Can GIMP replace Photoshop?

brandon1023

That is called stealing though, and its people like you who make photoshop so expensive.

:shame:

There have been studies which show that Adobe sales (and interest in the field) go up because of piracy.

Yes my copy of Photoshop CS3 is pirated because I don't have the money to pay for it along side of college. However I, and many others, would have never even though about getting into the field if piracy didn't exist. (keep in mind that when I started I don't even think GIMP was around).

Or Blender replace C4D? It's the same question, in a way.

C4D really isn't an industry standard though, most people use 3DSM or Maya.

Another problem I have with Gimp is the user interface... It's made out of different windows which are all listed in the task bar, I kinda hate that... :P

I think that's the worst part of GIMP. But there are addons (buggy ones) that combine all the windows together.

Gimp won't replace PS as the industry standard. That's like asking if Linux will replace Windows.

Linux is actually pretty good...NOT a valid comprehension.

Yah, I know this is off-topic.

Yes my copy of Photoshop CS3 is pirated because I don't have the money to pay for it along side of college. However I, and many others, would have never even though about getting into the field if piracy didn't exist.

:o

Nadril!

You bad boy!

But your point is valid. If GIMP wasn't around, I would probably use a pirated version of Photoshop. =\

Gimp won't replace PS as the industry standard. That's like asking if Linux will replace Windows.

Linux is actually pretty good...NOT a valid comprehension.

Yah, I know this is off-topic.

Never said Linux was bad, but it won't take over Windows simply because of program compatibility.

Linux developers are actually making programs to convert Windows only programs into Linux ones, just like people made something called Gimpshop to rearrange the gimp interface so it looks like photoshop, and if you ask me, that's not a sign showing people are starting to like Linux/Gimp more than the current standards.

Gimp and Linux ARE good programs, but they're only an option to the few people who can't get their hands on other programs and/or support and like open source applications.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die