Wilderness arena-UPDATED

kingkonk

On update screen Jagex would write something like :

Shores of wilderness have receded revealing the ancient wilderness arena. Players can come here for new expansions to thieving, new slayer monsters, and new levels of danger! Also the quest wilderness arena is introduced in this update. Head to deep wilderness to enjoy these new expansions!

Wilderness arena

difficulty: hard(as opposed to expert)

Requirements: 20 agility, suggested 65+ combat

Items: Lockpick, weapon and armor to defeat and run from level 48-154 monsters.

Start point: Wilderness arena entrance( Directly north of ardy lever, follow rocky path for a short while and you'll see it. Heres a map(pretty small) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... /mymap.bmp (forums dont support bmp files you'll have to click link)The quest itself is very short but you must evade the traps marked by the red x's. You also need to amek it by the monsters in the arena. More on those later. When you make it by all obstacles and monsters you'll reach a chest marked by the large purple and white circle on the map. When opened you'll recieve 1 qp 1k thieving and agility xp and book of wilderness(see bottom for contents).

But in the chest you'll find a scroll enabling you to enchant dragonstone necklaces into amulet of ranging, the true reward here.

The monsters in the arena are as follows:

Red dots are level 48 lost spirits requiring level 30 slayer to kill banshee.gif . They atatck with weak magic spells about as powerful as wind blast with an animation that looks like a black bind(does nto actually bind). If you dont have the slayer level required when you kill it, it simply respawns instantly. Its drops are similar to giants(no bones) and also drops mystic air staffs rarely and lava battle staffs VERY rarely. It also drops forsaken mask, forsaken top robe, forsaken bottom robe, and forsake gloves Other than that it has no noteable drops.

The 3 black dots in the bottom left hand corner are level 75 demon lancers requiring 40 slayer to kill, guthanfull4eb.jpg They use a spear so their attacks are balanced and have balanced defence. They drop gems(rubies commonly), rarely dragon daggers(1/450) odds about, also drops demonic lance fairly rarely(more on all new items later), Demonic med helm, demonic chain body, demonic chain legs, and demonic boots Also there is a good amount of black armor dropped.

The many blue dots in the bottom right hand corner arounf the ancient tombs are level 85 Crypt gaurdians requiring 50 slayer to kill and a rock hammer. toragfull9we.jpg Its drops are like fire giants(no rune 2hs or d meds) but when it drop coins it drops about 3k and also features 3 unique drops. Cryptic left blade,cryptic right blade, and cryptic plate legs all of wich are fairly rare.

The purple dots represent level 106 chaotic monk requiring 60 slayer to kill. This enemy is meant to be the step to more difficult monsters in the dungeon. When attacked it immediatley turns on the protect prayer of whatever attack type your using. Its max hit is 20 but its fairly innacurate. chaosdruidwarrior2we.gif Its drops are rune meds(fairly commonly) Monk robes(VERY commonly), black mace(common), prayer pot(4)(common), coins(365), d med(fairly rare), unholy headband, unholy left mace, unholy right mace, unholy chainmail robe top, unholy robe bottom.

The brown dots are level 129 demonic fiends requiring 70 slayer to kill. Delrith.png . It is a powerful creature indeed and holy water is the best against it, but it also has almost no defence. It hits very commonly with 10-28's but is very slow. Its drops are gems of all kinds, bolts(100-600), leather chaps, rune plate legs, savage amulet, scythe, and sash all rare.

The light blue dots stand for level 154 Zaros soldier, requiring 80 slayer to kill. This is the greatest of all the monsters. It hits fast, accurately, and hard. It is as fast as a whip more accurate and hits from 20's-36's commonly. Its defense is also incredible. However it is worth killing these because they drop d meds, rune items(2hs, longs, meds, legs, chain), also alot of gems, sharks, and even the occasional manta ray, Best of all it drops Zaros plate, legs, helmet, and flame whip http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... /zaros.bmp

Now ALL the above items can be obtained another way. From the ancient tombs in the bottom right hand corner of the arena. You can try to open them and a message will appear: There is a locking mechanism on the tomb, it would be possible to open it, do you wish to try? (If yes is selected) animation similar to cooking and depending on thieving level it may or may not open. Also depending on thieving level you will have a greater chance to get rarer items depending on your level(low levels can still get them just more difficult). Lockpicks also increase the chance of getting the tomb open.

Now before reading the stats and set effects of the new items remember that you need a decent slayer level to get them, and also bring the food to be able to kill them, and the arena goes all the way to level 75 wilderness meaning there is also the danger of pkers. It is also a multi combat area but the monsters will not be aggressive once the quest is finished. EDIT: Also this armor has a decay system(Each month it decays automatically), different than the barrows armor sets. Because these sets are so good in some ways you must speak with the head of the mage guild to repair the mage armor, and any slayer master to repair melee sets. And of course its not that simple, then they will ask you for different amounts of cash or runes(in magic sets case).

Forsaken set: A.320 bloods B.800 souls C:2380 airs D: 1200 fires

Demonic set: 260k

Cryptic set: 485k

chaotic set:650k

savage set:755k

Zaros set:1000k

New Items:

Amulet of ranging

attack bonus defence bonus

stab -50 stab +10

slash -50 slash +10

crush -50 crush +10

magic -50 magic +20

range +15 range +10

strength +0 prayer + 0

Forsaken set:Level 50 defence and magic required

stab +0 stab +100

slash +0 slash +0

crush +0 crush +100

magic +50 magic +0

range +0 range +10

strength + 0 prayer +10

Effect: All bind spells last 3 more seconds.

Demonic set: 60 defence attack and strength required

stab +80 stab +200

slash +80 slash +165

crush +80 crush +195

magic +0 magic -10

range +0 range +230

strength + 75 prayer +0

Effect: At 50% health or less theres a chance to increase damage by 25%.

Cryptic set: 70 atk str and def required

stab +90 stab +100

slash +65 slash +0

crush +45 crush +100

magic +0 magic +0

range +0 range +10

strength + 85 prayer +10

Effect: 50% More accurate

Chaotic set: 75 atk 45 prayer 70 def to wear

stab +80 stab +0

slash +70 slash +0

crush +75 crush +0

magic +0 magic +0

range +0 range +0

strength + 60 prayer +45

Effect: Bind, curse spells, and poison do not effect you when a protect prayer(not items) is on.(NOTE! This set uses dual wielding wich hits almost constantly(as one mace hits the other nearly instantly hits, however the stats shown are both weapons in the set meaning they actually arent that strong individually)

Savage set:75 attack 80 strength 40 defence required to wear

stab +90 stab +58

slash +85 slash +45

crush +95 crush +20

magic +0 magic +15

range +0 range +70

strength + 110 prayer +0

Effect: When at 25% or less health in wilderness your energy will be fully restored whenever damage is done.(Yes I know this set is hugely powerful offensively but let me note that the atatcks are hally speed, and with that defence youll take alot of damage when attacking)

Zaros set:75 def, 80 attack, 80 strength, 60 firemaking required to wear

stab +115 stab +275

slash +50 slash +245

crush +50 crush +250

magic +0 magic +0

range +0 range +230

strength + 90 prayer +10

Effect: If an even number is hit a burn effect happens like poison but with a max damage of 7( I know you are like lmfao!!!!!!!!! Youve lost it! Go die for suggesting soemthing like that! Just go!Die! Now! Well I udnerstand why but a few points, A. It is VERY hard to get, at a cost of a million a month it will limit the amount of people that can afford to pay this, and like I said already its in widlerness, a strong monster, and high level slayer requirement, and the one million a month makes it a hefty investment/very hard to get. And the chance of getting it from tombs is very low indeed, like a d sq or rarer.)

Book of widlerness:

When you try to read it you'll recieve a message saying: The book simply has the name Kollodin repeated over and over. When you speak with Kollodin with the book your charachter will say: Hello, I found this book(picture of book in text box). Kollodin: Ah yes, I expect you found my spell along with this? You: Yes I did, so why did you leave this book there? Kollodin: Well I wished those that could best the arena of Widlerness to recieve a prize for doing such a perilous task, after all I encourage exploration of wilderness. You: So what do I get? A new spell? Kollodin: No, I entrust you with the amulet of wilderness(NOTHING like Blaziken masters dont worry). You: Thank you.

Now basically what the amulet does is that when a vastly higher level(20 or more) is approaching(as long as the person inside the minimap or 2 spaces or less from the edge) a message will appear in the text box: A foe of great power approaches! And if the person is vastly weaker than you(20 levels or more lower than you) It will send a message: A helpless individual approaches! And if more than 5 people approach(from any one general direction) It will state: A large group draws near!

Comment

nice dude i want flame whip but think about raising the slayer lvl requirement they seem really low

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

well thought out. the drops are sorta wierd, i dont think a lvl 67 would comonly drop diamonds. and even if it is in the wilderness, the drops are still too good for the monster lvls. Im too lazy to read thr all teh bottom stuff. And the demonic fiend looks like a lesser demon playin dress up

ShadowSam19.png

well thought out. the drops are sorta wierd, i dont think a lvl 67 would comonly drop diamonds. and even if it is in the wilderness, the drops are still too good for the monster lvls. Im too lazy to read thr all teh bottom stuff. And the demonic fiend looks like a lesser demon playin dress up
Well obviously if this was implemented Jagex would alter it, probally make drops different, and I really think your underestimating how difficult it would be to get these, even if pkers couldnt kill the people in the arena, they could kill them while going to mage arena or going to ardy lever.