POH Real estate idea

ShadowSam19

I have never played a game with poh, so im not entierly sure on how they work. Thus im not sure if my idea can be implemented succesfully. Long post, but please read through it all if your gonna comment. It sorta jumps around, so stick with it.

As the idea suggests, there is a real estate aspect of poh. Instead of just having thousands of lots next to eachother for people to build on, there could be various sites for people to choose from, varying in value. At the beginning of POH, there would be empty lots scattered throughout the map. Im not sure if poh are the same on every world, like most things, or different on each world, like people. Either way it would work with my idea. Now, at the start the empty lots would sell for a price set by rs. A huge lot in a desierable location could cost millions, while a small lot in the middle of nowhere would be cheap. there would be some nieghborhoodish areas with many lots clumped together, and ruralish areas with no lots around. Jagex would tell us the time the lots would go on sale (they wouldnt tell us the location, price, or size) so peple have a fair chance at getting good ones. At the start atleast, you could only own one lot at a time for obviuos reasons. There would be a very limited number of high end lots, and many, but finite, cheap ones. there would also be apartment like places, for when all the actual houses run out, where you could buy a room very cheaply. Then, once carpentry comes out, you build houses on the lots. The size and location of the lots would restrict what you could build. Mansions and castles on huge lots, little huts on tiny ones. Maybe at some point, or never, you can own more than 1 property. Then comes the real estate aspect. you can buy, sell, and trade the properties, and the houses built on them, to other players. A person with high carpentry could buy a cheap hut, then use their high lvl to build it into a better, more desireable place, then sell it for a profit. People with houses near world 1 varrock could sell to people who always trade, pkers would buy hoses near edgville, etc. I dont know exatly what poh are for, and if they are nothing more than a bigger place to store your stuff, then my idea wouldnt do much. But if you could make your log-in spot at your house, or the place you go to when you die (with restrictions, of course) then it could make pohs really something. People would strive for that mansion behind varrock bank, or that villa in fally park, or that sprawling ranch in the lumbridge countryside. Once you bought a property with a house on it, you could choose to demolish all structures, or add on (if you had high enough carpentry) And for trading, you would trade with the deed, or title, of the property. The deed would say where the property was, who owns it, who built on it, and what world. If you dropped the deed, then sum1 could find it and take your house, if u died with, then the same thing. you could even duel over deeds. I think it would be better if the house were different on each world, so I, for example, could own the same property on world 1 as ssomeone owned on world 2, etc. That way the high end houses would be more accessable. People would try and buy bigger and better houses, while other would just try and make money by buying fixer uppers, in a sense. this would take the spotlight off of rares, and add a whole new dimension to trading. Merchanters would love this aspect.

I think this idea is a way to make poh a bigger part of the game, and more useful than what ive heard. Please keeep in mind that ive never played a game with poh, and dont know that much about them. I would personlly love this addition, i dunno about others. feel free to criticize, add on, discuss, chastize, etc etc.

ShadowSam19.png

First of all, what is a "poh"? lol. sorry i never heard of it. anyways...well thought out idea. I can't think of anything to critisize =P, and i don't know much about the current system of houses in runescape. So overall, i'd say it's a good idea for JaGeX to put in.

Sup noobs.

poh=player owned house. And as for the current system, well, they havent added it yet. I think its supposed to be added by the end of the year

there were tons of posts about this a long time ago. You should find one and bump it cause they had crazy ideas with pics and details.

no poh are better cos its much harder to break in and who whould want to fart about in a load of shops.

they would probly members only, 1 each and (ork-shone-end) off to people.

or they could be a simple build one house any where (with in reason) then u build around it and connect with other house or some thing.

its like to recycle, the possibleitys are endless

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.