Runescape is not loading + Constant disconnections

crushpker

Hi fellow TIFers,

The problem started this morning. Runescape at first refused to load; "Connecting to update server" title remained there for a very very long time and after about 4 minutes, this error message from Runescape came up:

"Error_game_js5connect - Unable to connect to update server.

RuneScape was unable to connect to the update server. This is most likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection.

To resolve this:

* If you have firewall or security software installed, they can often block RuneScape from accessing its servers. Please ensure that RuneScape/Java can connect to its servers on port 43594.

* Note: Windows XP Service Pack 2 has built in firewall software. If, when loading RuneScape, this asks if you want to allow the connection, you need to say 'yes'.

* If that doesn't help, then an external firewall may be causing the problem. Please ask your network adminstrator/ISP to open port 43594 for TCP traffic so that RuneScape and Java can run correctly.

If problems persist, please refer to the Technical FAQs, which can be found in the Customer Support section of our website."

After refreshing the page for a while, I tried again, and now I barely made through to the "Enter your username and password" page. I logged in, only to realise that the game was really laggy for me. It was not the kind of lag when your computer is old and stuff. A minute things were fine, the next moment I was lagging and the "Loading-please wait" message was stuck there. Shortly after, I was disconnected and RS was trying to re-establish connection. However, it failed and the entire game just jammed there, refusing to move for a long time. This cycle went on for about 25 minutes until I finally had enough and closed the window.

I did not know what to do, so I went to RSOF to check out things. True enough, there are cases of "Loading-please wait" messages being stuck and many cases of people being constantly disconnected, like I was. This is the sticky on RSOF by Andrew http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?25,26,344,57720671 .

Also, I tried both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 6 and both did not work. If I need to re-install Java or something like that, please do tell me how because I am really not very familiar with such things!

Guys tell me how to solve my 2 problems! Thanks!

For runescape not loading it could be a java problem but i doubt it, id say its simply slow internet or maybe a lack of ram for the loading(it loaded slow for me when i had no GFX card). Try resetting your modem and see how it goes.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif