f2p pvp range/2h pure

Tank_Dude_5

I decided to come back to rs now that wild is (sort of) back..

Here is my pure, it has 59 range 40 attack 47 strength, 1 def and 1 pray... I can live with 1 pray....

It is also combat 41:

sf11408au9.png

What should be my goals??

Atm I'm looking at 63 range (new max hit with addies according to max hit calc on this site)

what about long term??

Is that a good place to stop training and pk?

Where should I train?

What is the best way for me to get $$? (since now I cant just trade over $$ :thumbdown: )

Lately I've been training range at hillies with iron arrows for big bones/limp/some runes but I'm not sure if that's the most effective way. I seem to be making 8-10k per run, not including arrow costs (1 run == 10-15 mins I think.)

For mele I was training at monks, but I know there has to be a better place.

Thanks.

o_superfly_o.png

Hi, nice pure you got there.

I would suggest getting 64 ranged and then 31 prayer (Ultimate strength/eagle eye) so you can hit 12's with addys on rapid with the +10% ranged prayer and also get around 55-60 strength.

Currently my Ranged 2H pure has these stats:

49 Combat

40 Attack

56 Strength (19 max with pot and ultimate Strength Prayer)

1 Defence

56 Hitpoints

31 Prayer

64 Ranged (11s normally, 12s with prayer - both on rapid)

39 Mage (was 37 but kept teleing)

I got mage up on dummys until i could varrok tele, then lumb tele until 32 (or 37 if you want) so you get no hp xp whatsoever.

Here is another tip that i would like to point out for you...

If you stand two spaces away from your opponent (so you are standing on the third) you can hit them even faster with Range 2H, or even range then take one step forward and shoot again, the number will seem to stack up (I hit a 12 and then another 12 as I walked forward).

this will take some time to learn how to do with just ranged, ranged 2H is easy, you just need to switch to your 2H and then click "attack ----" and you will hit them even faster.

(My fastest kill - Hit a 12 with ranged, 10, 10, Pulled out 2H and hit an 18).

As for making money... What i done was try my luck at the party room (go to the low crowded worlds and try to fond someone who is transferring a rune scim or chain - The item will always be under 50k, otherwise the guards and guys in bank will say it.

Add my pure if you want - Imageu2heck - Name was for in bounty so people think i will mage them so they bounty locate to me and then I range them or scimmy them whatever works lol.

thanks for the tips, but I have a few questions still:

where should I train? I already have 37 mage so I dont need help there, but what about str? and ranged?

I wanted to hold off on prayer because of having to recharge it and it runs out, but is it really worth it??

thanks for the tip on stacking 2h hits, I have a good idea on how to do it already but I didnt know about your tips there.

The last time I played was around a year ago, so I have no idea where the party room is or how it functions. It does seem like a good idea to make money depending on how long it would take.

btw now I have 50 str 53 hp 60 ranged, range stats in sig vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

and thanks for your post, very helpful :thumbsup:

o_superfly_o.png

The fastest way to train would be either:

1)Find a friend with little or no defence level and train on them in duel arena (better if they have tuna as you won't waste time after you kill them).

2)Stay at hills and continue getting there drops.

3)Train in pvp on the one itemers (this may cost a bit because of food).

The party room is located beside the entrance to the mining spot (not guild). It is rather simple how it works, Party Pete (NPC) will countdown depending on how much the item in the chest is worth (DO NOT PUT YOUR ITEMS IN THERE) Balloons will drop and you have to pop them. If you are lucky, you will get an item.

nice pure and please dont get prayer. prayer allows u to keep one item but its only 50k ur losing at max. (rune 2h) and if ur pking u have got to take risks so dont be afraid on losing an item. and for the enhancement prayers ... ur wasting a couple of combat levels to get them. and when u have them and use them in a battle u have to go through the hassle of turning them on and off and what not. not to mention that prayers to run out and dont last too long at 31 level and we dont have p pots. there is no chapel everywhere in rs so recharging can be also annoying. i would avoid prayer and use those combat levels on actually leveling the range or melee to even higher levels.

permanent levels > non permanent.

prayer isnt too good on f2p unless its protection prayers but they will take off a chunk of combat levels away from u. + ppl call u a noob

alright thanks for the tips.. I do think ill stick with 1 prayer for a while for the reasons mentioned.

as for training.. hills are kinda slow only really god for money.

killing people in pvp is slow training... not to mention extremely expensive.

ill try the party room later, no idea how effective it it but ill give it a shot :P

and thanks for the posts guys :thumbup:

o_superfly_o.png

Long term range goal should be as high as possible stopping at every increase in max hit (63, 70, 77, 84, 91, 97). Once you get to each new max hit then raise your strength to max out your combat but still being range based. F2P'ers should keep attack at 40 til you have 99 strength.

Train your range at minataurs until at least 63, but preferably 77. You should acquire enough arrows to last out your ranging days, and also get some ess, and ore to sell and make some cash along the way.

At 77 you can now do 2 things:

1) Go train at Karamja on lessers. You can stay there forever if you are careful with safespots. Take alch's along to make some cash with drops.

2) Train on ankous - you will need lots of high quality food here to stave off the 10 mins of aggressiveness, but once you get over that hurdle, its very good money making and good range training to boot (not to mention ess, mith ore, deaths, addy arrow and law drops)

I would suggest training your range first, and using any cash you make on strength training supplies. Food is your biggest weakness, and unless you like training on monks, or Al Karid warriors (with kebabs) - you are going to use up a lot of food in the training process.

1 def and 1 pray until you are either 90+ range, or 90+ strength. Until then its a waste of combat levels.

dude add me! Lava harry :thumbsup:

hes my new pvp pure aswell

currently hes 47 combat with

40 att

56 str

1 def

61hp

66 range

62 mage

Dont not get prayer, waste until your like 70-80 str or range!

trian on flesh crawlers in the SoS if i was you, thats where im going to train until 60 str, ranged i range anokus as they have decent loot and there are a few safe spots down there!

both give profit and ok xp, with me for crawlers i wear the best armour i can (green drag and iron) and take along 24 trout, for anokous i wear ht best range gear i can (green drag and leather) and take maybe 10 trout for the aggressive period but than after that your home free!