Summoning Monster Pets :)

kaibani

I think the idea of summoning monster pets can be put into runescape in this manner. Every time you slay a monster, you will sometimes obtain an egg. After you hold it for 10 minutes (excluding bank, or as bank note), you will have an option to "hatch" the egg. Once hatched, you will have a monster of your own that will fight along side you. The lvl of the monster will be determined by your lvl. The eggs look very similiar to a normal egg, except it is slightly larger and is marked with an "M".

goblinegginven8ld.th.jpg

Once summoned, they will have a symbol under them, as shown.

summoninggoblin2ky.th.jpg

Another thing is, you must also have the required magic lvl to summon, or hatch the monster as well. If you don't it won't be under your control and will attack you and other random NPC's. There are areas in which you cannot hatch certain monsters as well. Ex., you will be unable to hatch a KBD in a starting area for newcommers.

Lvl 1 magic to summon lvl 1-10 monsters.

Lvl 10 magic to summon lvl 11-20 monsters.

Lvl 30 magic to summon lvl 21-30 monsters.

Lvl 40 magic to summon lvl 31-40 monsters.

Lvl 45 magic to summon lvl 41-50 monsters.

Lvl 50 magic to summon lvl 51-60 monsters.

Lvl 55 magic to summon lvl 61-70 monsters.

Lvl 60 magic to summon lvl 71-80 monsters.

Lvl 65 magic to summon lvl 81-90 monsters.

Lvl 70 magic to summon lvl 91-95 monsters.

Lvl 75 magic to summon lvl 96-100 monsters.

Lvl 80 magic to summon lvl 100-110 monsters.

Lvl 85 magic to summon lvl 111-120 monsters.

Lvl 90 magic to summon lvl 121-130 monsters.

Lvl 99 magic to summon lvl 131+ monsters.

They don't really have a particular linear requirements, but it's what i think would PROBABLY best suit it due to fairness and balance.

There are NO combat lvl requirements for the hatchings, or summonings. Again, the strength of your monster depends entirely on yours. Also, if it is range or magic based, it will also be determined by those two stats. Ex. If you summon a wizard, and you are a mage, then the wizard would have apporxiamately 25% lower than yours. (if you have 40 range and you hatch/summon a ranger based monster, then its range would be 30.)

That's about it.

Sup noobs.

:o

ummmm i kinda like it..... maybe have a magic requirment to hatch or something or make them stay longer?

There is already a magic requirement. Is there not? Also, i forgot to say how long those mosnters stay on the field for. They stay for about 15 minutes. I'll think about something to make them stay longer, at a cost though.

Sup noobs.

pokemon?

Yes, my idea says you should throw a pokeball at a mosnter and capture it. Then you throw it out and say "pokeball, go!" and voila, you have called out a monster in your command.

*please note the sarcasm.

I would appreciate it more if you put in some constructive comments like the others.

Sup noobs.

Again that's very nicely produced. However, on the future updates board on runescape.com summoning spells are already proposed. As a result, I don't think it would be happening this way.

But I'd still like it too.

Runescape is proposing to put in summoing?! i guess i gotta read the announcements and stuff before i make any more ideas then.

Sup noobs.

Again that's very nicely produced. However, on the future updates board on runescape.com summoning spells are already proposed. As a result, I don't think it would be happening this way.

Runescape is proposing to put in summoing?! i guess i gotta read the announcements and stuff before i make any more ideas then.

Hehe if you ever need reminding, go onto the forums page and the future updates board. There's a sticky of what's coming.

It's handy actually because I forget a lot of the things Jagex propose, so I can't blame ya.

Hehe if you ever need reminding, go onto the forums page and the future updates board. There's a sticky of what's coming.

It's handy actually because I forget a lot of the things Jagex propose, so I can't blame ya.

Thanks, I'll check that out before my next post. :wink:

And yes it'd be fun to hatch a KQ in lumbridge without the magic lvl requirements, and see it go kill noobs. But it won't be fun for them. :(

Sup noobs.

i like this idea but i have some questions.

1. Would the eggs be tradeable? im asuming not.

2. How would the "not hatch in newb area" work?

3. Could you only get eegs from actual monsters (dragons, goblins, etc) or aslo from guards, and other non monster things.

4. Would every monster drop an egg?

5. How rare would eggs drops be? i think it would be better if they were quite rare, especially for higher level monsters.

6. Would it work in wild? could you sick your monster on to another player, and have you both fight?

ShadowSam19.png

i like this idea but i have some questions.

1. Would the eggs be tradeable? im asuming not.

2. How would the "not hatch in newb area" work?

3. Could you only get eegs from actual monsters (dragons, goblins, etc) or aslo from guards, and other non monster things.

4. Would every monster drop an egg?

5. How rare would eggs drops be? i think it would be better if they were quite rare, especially for higher level monsters.

6. Would it work in wild? could you sick your monster on to another player, and have you both fight?

1. Yes, they will be untradable.

2. Runescape can divide certain areas in which the lvl of monsters can be hatched.

3. Yes, you can get eggs from guards. There's a little magic involved since it has magic requirements, so you gotta use your imagination.

4. I'm assuming you mean EVERY kind of monster. Well, almost every monster will drop an egg, only the ones that are ONLY slayable in a quest will NOT drop an egg.

5. The drop of eggs will be rare, but not as rare as getting a rune med from a lesser demon or a half dragon shield.

6. Yes, the monsters can be hatched in the wild as well. You CANNOT bring a monster that has already been hatched into the wild. You can hatch a monster in the wild, but you also must travel into the wilderness according to what lvl the monster is, regardless of how much strength it has gotten from your stats. Note that if you hatch it WITHOUT the lvl requirements, you will likely get attacked by it. If you kill the monster, it will not give any experience points, nor will it drop items. Once the monster is hatched under your control, assuming you met the requirements, then it will fight alongside you. However, all monsters in the wild will have their defense reduced by 50%. You can also only hatch one at a time.

Hope that answers your questions. :wink:

Sup noobs.

I think the amount of monsters that drop these "eggs" should be fairly limited. Also, if it's to be called monster summoning, the eggs shouldn't be involved at all. Summoning seems like it should be a magic thing.

lpinkus