Video Capturing Issues

friedmannn

I have a USB video grabber (called USB 2820 in Ulead VideoStudio 11), and I'm using it to capture video from my Wii. I have the composite cables all plugged in the right places, and on the other end of the device it gives me a USB thing and a sound plug. I plugged the USB in and my Wii came up on my computer screen, awesome! But when I plugged the sound thing into my Line In on my laptop (It's labeled, Microphone) it didn't pick up any sound at all. So I plugged it into the AUX slot on my external speakers instead and it worked fine. But now I want to make videos, and to have video and sound I need to get the Line In working so I can record it directly from my Wii. Can someone help me? Again, I'm using Ulead VideoStudio 11, I can get another program if this is a bad one.

The capture device works, I can see the video on my screen and capture it fine, but there is no sound.

IS the device suppose the capture sound to or do you have a microphone doing that?

It's supposed to be capturing sound, but it isn't even "feeding" it to the computer, as in it doesn't come out of my internal laptop speakers.