Laptop question

TheDayRsDied

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

hello, my laptop screen is very small, its an eyesore. Im sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I now lots about the internet, but I know very little about computers. Can you connect a seprate monitor to a laptop, simmilar to the way you can use a seprate keyboard?

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Yes, virtually ever laptop has a VGA port on the side; plug it in, and it should start with a dual desktop setup.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yes.

There are several ways (VGA and HDMI for example). All you do is plug a monitor in , go to your graphics card properties. You should see something about monitors

( the location is based on your graphics card). THere should be something like "Extend my desktop to this screen".

You might have to restart your computer for it to take effect.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Very small you say? Have you got it set to the native (maximum) resolution for the screen? If you're not sure, to go dekstop, right click > properties > settings tab and make sure the slider is dragged as far right as it will go.

And yes, you can connect any VGA screen up to your laptop and use that instead. You can either use that instead or create a dual monitor setup.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Very small you say? Have you got it set to the native (maximum) resolution for the screen? If you're not sure, to go dekstop, right click > properties > settings tab and make sure the slider is dragged as far right as it will go.

And yes, you can connect any VGA screen up to your laptop and use that instead. You can either use that instead or create a dual monitor setup.

"VGA" Screen? Is that a very specific type of screen or is that a very common screen?

(I hope im not sounding like a complete moron here)

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

It's the type of connector on the cable that comes out of the back of the screen that you plug into the computer. It looks like this (the port on your laptop will look like the one in the top right corner):

vga2.JPG

It's not to do with the actual screen itself. (My bad, should have made myself clearer).

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."