LAN games and stuff.

doomy

Ok, me and my brother have both been trying to play Age of Empires over LAN lately, but it hasn't been working. It used to work perfectly, but then we got wireless internet and hasn't been working properly unless one computer was connected to the router with a cable.

What happens is that everytime it either takes forever to find the game, then it won't let him join, or it just doesn't find the game at all. One time it worked but it was rediculously slow so we quit. It never even lagged before...And found it everytime.

And then the internet turns off, which is also a bit weird.

Do you guys know how to fix this? I've been looking around the internet, and the guys at Harvey Norman told us it should work.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Which version of AOE is this? Also, are you both using the same versions? I had problems with AOK when I tried to play my brother, his version was unpatched and mine was.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Which version of AOE is this? Also, are you both using the same versions? I had problems with AOK when I tried to play my brother, his version was unpatched and mine was.

Yeah both the same version, its not only AOE, its all games doing this.

Ok. Have you got any firewall software that could be blocking ports/applications? You might need to change settings so they're set to allow instead of block. It could also be that your router is set to block certain things. You might need to log into it and change the settings.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Ok. Have you got any firewall software that could be blocking ports/applications? You might need to change settings so they're set to allow instead of block. It could also be that your router is set to block certain things. You might need to log into it and change the settings.

Yeah firewalls are done already.

Its not set to block anything either.