Lost cities, areas etc

nameles

why is it also being assumed that the city in the volcano will be a circle and be that size? Maybe half of it is smooth rock that they couldn't build a city out of? Maybe the city of only 3/4 or half the size you think it is?

Maybe, but the human mind feels most comfortable with symmetric, geometric figures, such as a complete circle. Last time I checked, this game was made and run by humans.

Yeah, but Jagex doesn't make everything geometric. In fact very little of it is geometric. That and I thought the game was being run by penguins... with thumbs.

OFF TOPIC: What's up with the *blocked due to abuse* thing?

ON TOPIC: Your proof? Everything in RuneScape is pretty geometric, just look at the world. It's pretty much a rectangle. Look at the islands, they're all rectangles too. Irl, it's extremely rare to find coastlines like that, so obviously Jagex is catering to their human nature.

if you were referring to Ape atol for example when you wrote this, i think that it was made that way because it wouldve been hard to make it have irregular shapes as coastlines normally would. Jagex wasnt that big of a company back then and Monkey Madness came out somewhat recently after Rs2 did. Perhaps they didnt have the time or the recourses to do that?

Even today time may still be the issue for that. But for the Tzhaar is a circle city and we only see 1/4th of the city, i do hope that, that is the case.

It wouldn't have been much harder to make a rl coastline, all you do is indent a bunch of areas or extend a bunch. Regardless though, your post supports mine. Jagex will follow their human instinct and make TzHaar circular, if they ever open it up.

You said that perhaps making an irregular shape was too hard, well there you go, so a circle would've been easiest.

You also said they might've lacked the resources back then, so they took the easiest path. They proved they were willing to go against logic and follow a human instinct (easy way out), so making a geometric shape is no exception.